- Provides general bioinformatics analysis support for clinical data analysis as well as analysis of omics data.
- Summarizes data analyses results in the form suitable as the basis for the first draft of written reports, and makes preliminary interpretations of the data.
- Develop, test, and maintain modular programming pipelines for clinical, biomarker, and outcomes data.
- Manages data including loading and querying data from database systems, and transforming data to the necessary formats.
- Familiar with medical terminologies and biostatistical and bioinformatics resources.
- Ready to provide solutions for investigator’s problems through data mining, extraction, and analyses.
- Identify, evaluate, and incorporate relevant analytical methods by reviewing pertinent literature.
- Assists or collaborate in preparation of grant proposals, publications, and presentations.
- Educates others about biostatistics through mentoring of and teaching colleagues, investigators, fellows, and graduate students.
- Masters or Doctoral Degree in Statistics or Epidemiology or other relevant field
- 2-3 years in a biomedical research environment.
- Programming experience in SAS, STATA, and/or R
- Working Title: Biostatistician II - Smidt Heart Institute - Chikwe Lab
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Bioinformatics
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later