Join us as a scientific leader in quantitative mass spectrometry expanding the use of proteomics in the diagnosis and treatment of human disease!
The newly formed Precision Biomarkers Laboratory at Cedar-Sinai is seeking a highly motivated Biomedical Technician to provide strong wet laboratory support for proteomic assay development and production. This role will be responsible for a broad range of wet lab technical support with the opportunity to learn a wide variety of new techniques and skills. This is an exciting opportunity to part of an entrepreneurial business unit focused on precision health. To learn more, please visit: Precision Biomarker Laboratories | Cedars-Sinai (cedars-sinai.edu).
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
You will be highly motivated, with a proven record of productivity, excellence in communication, collaboration, and enthusiasm to join a growing, dynamic group. Your motivation, innovation, and attention to detail will augment your ability to work collaboratively.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated practical ability using traditional wet chemical as well as biochemical techniques
- Writes and maintains good documentation in laboratory notebooks, data record/transfer, SOPs, and batch records.
- Drafts standard operating procedures and maintains computer database. Competent in following and performing SOPs.
- Verifies samples received, logs samples into systems, and transports to appropriate environment within the facility for storage following SOPs.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory guidelines and safety standards.
- Operation of complex laboratory equipment with appropriate instruction.
- Familiarity with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and mass spectrometry.
- Ability to perform general laboratory processes (ie. pH measurement, UV-vis absorbance spectrometry, centrifugation, volumetric and mass measurement).
- Documentation of laboratory experiments and curation of all associated raw data in lab notebooks and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Commitment to quality as demonstrated through the establishment of high standards, engagement and support of a quality management system and rigorous use of QC/QA processes.
Bachelor's Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or related science/engineering field, required.
Experience and Skillset:
- One (1) year of experience working in a lab environment. Two (2) years of direct experience in analytical chemistry or biochemistry lan environments, preferred.
- Ability to learn new skills in parallel with continually supporting ongoing work.
- Must have excellent organizational and oral and written communication skills and a desire to learn new concepts.
- Ability to be flexible and problem solve in a constantly evolving landscape.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot analytical instrumentation such as HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Familiarity with LIMS.
- Working Title: Biomedical Technician - Data Analysis - Precision Biomarker Lab
- Department: Precision Biomarker Labs
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic / Research, Family & Function
- Job Specialty: Academic/Research
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later