- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Athletic Trainer Certified - Kerlan-Jobe InstituteRequisition # HRC0330203 Apply Now
The Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) is responsible for assisting with Kerlan-Jobe Foundation community outreach, injury prevention seminars, and research projects. The ATC will serve the medical practice in a range of clinical duties including: patient education, evaluation, treatment, and management of sports medicine and orthopedic injuries/illnesses and perioperative care. Administrative duties are a large requirement of each team member. Time will be divided between research, informative outreach, clinical and administrative duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs clinical skills and delegated tasks within the scope of practice of an ATC.
- Assist in research study design, data collection, and data analysis.
- Become proficient at collecting data using motion analysis system and force plats
- Acquire and maintain CITI certification in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) as per Cedars IRB standards
- Perform clerical duties required to submit research manuscripts for publication
- Coordinate and participate in community outreach events
- Instruct athletes in injury prevention programs during outreach events
- Develop and maintain database of local youth athletic teams
- Provide education and technical demonstrations to other health care professionals; assists in orienting and mentoring
- Clinical duties as assigned to include escort of patients, medical documentation in patient charts, and providing patient education
- Coordination of telemedicine evaluations of remote athletes
Bachelor's degree from accredited Athletic Training Program required. Master's degree preferred. Bachelor's degree 1 year Residency/Fellowship in the physician practice setting preferred.
- Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
- Orthopaedic Technologist, Certified or RSA-O preferred.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists (CSCS) preferred.
One (1) year experience working as a certified athletic trainer in a traditional or orthopedic setting required. Five (5) years of experience preferred.
- Working Title: Athletic Trainer Certified - Kerlan-Jobe Institute
- Department: Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Found
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Therapy/Rehab
- Job Specialty: Physical Therapy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map