Associate Director, Social Media (healthcare sector experience highly preferred)Requisition # 19005119 Apply Now
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
What will you be doing in this role?
The Associate Director of Social Media is responsible for developing strategy and creative direction to drive all aspects of the Cedars-Sinai's social media presence. You will manage a team of social media specialists and collaborate closely with Brand, Marketing, and Clinical Operations. The position will report into Digital Strategy with a dotted line into Communications.
- Manage and direct the activities of a team of social media coordinators and specialists.
- Define the organization's social media "voice" and ensure all social media communications are cohesive and on-brand.
- Lead social media content strategy, including copy, graphics, and video.
- Define KPIs aligned with departmental and organizational goals; develop social media strategy and tactics to drive growth.
- Set content and engagement goals, analyze overall effectiveness, and identify areas of success and opportunity.
- Serve as an internal social media expert and ambassador, sharing best practices and content guidelines with other teams.
- Monitor, track, analyze, and report on social media performance and drive toward key KPIs.
- Work with Legal, Risk Management, Compliance, HR, and others to create and maintain organization-wide social media governance plan, policies, and effective employee training
- Select and manage social media vendors and tool
- Responsible for Cedars-Sinai blog; oversee blog content strategy and production process, manage team of writers, editors and production staff
- Integrate social media content and strategy with Communications and Publications digital channels
- Develop and coordinate crisis communications plans with Communications, Brand, Risk Management, Security, and others to respond and escalate potential issues quickly. Serve as social media point of contact for crisis communications.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to increase visibility and effectiveness of Cedars-Sinai social media activities and campaigns
- Responsible for reputation management; oversee response process and governance, report findings to internal stakeholders, manage vendor, coordinate with product managers and search strategists to handle updates to location listings
- Education: Bachelors degree.
- Experience: minimum 7 years of social media marketing experience.
Skills we're looking for:
- Experience in the healthcare sector highly desired!
- Fully versed in major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc) and up-to-date on current social trends and developments.
- A gifted communicator and meticulous copyeditor who can develop clean and compelling copy within style guidelines.
- Experienced in using social media as a marketing tool.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, capable of building working relationships with other MarComm departments and their leadership, and dedicated to the development of the entire team.
- A strategic and analytical thinker.
- Demonstrable writing, editing and proofing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook; familiarity with Adobe Photoshop.
- Working Title: Associate Director, Social Media (healthcare sector experience highly preferred)
- Department: Digital Strategy
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Marketing / Communications
- Job Specialty: Creative Media
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map