Make a Difference in Pharmacy
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy has over approximately 430 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. We are committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100 residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed “Site of the Year” awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
The Pharmacy Associate Director in the area of Oncology & Investigational Drugs will oversee clinical, operational, financial, regulatory and human resources management of cancer centers, inpatient oncology and investigational drug services for the Cedars-Sinai Pharmacy Enterprise. The individual serves as a member of the Pharmacy Leadership Team.
The Associate Director works directly with oncology medical staff leadership, nursing and pharmacy staff to support Cedars-Sinai Cancer. Additionally, the individual ensures quality, safety and compliance for over 250 investigational drug studies for oncology and non-oncology studies.
What will you be doing?
- Inpatient and outpatient cancer care
- Sterile compounding services
- Oral chemotherapy program management
- Oncology P&T Committee oversight
- Oversight of 13 Disease Research Groups for development and ongoing updating of cancer treatment guidelines and algorithms
- Management of investigational drug studies for both oncology and non-oncology
- Member of Pharmacy Administrative Staff
- Oversight of PGY2 oncology residency
- Performance improvement and medication safety for oncology services
- Participation in multidisciplinary meetings including but not limited to Oncology P&T and P&T Committee, Cancer Quality and Leadership Committees
- Maintaining knowledge of evolving therapeutics and implications for cancer pharmacy services
- Maintaining knowledge of evolving reimbursement models in cancer care
- Oncology financial stewardship
- CA Pharmacist License
What else are we looking for?
- Pharm.D., PGY2 oncology training preferred or equivalent experience
- Board certification in oncology preferred
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in areas listed in job summary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Effective change management skills
- Contributions to professional organizations
- Working Title: Associate Director - Pharmacy - Oncology & Investigational Drugs
- Department: Director Pharmacy
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later