Associate Director - Labor and Delivery/MFCURequisition # 20002910 Apply Now
Every Connection. Every Support. Everything We Have.
A true leader aims to inspire—and at Cedars-Sinai, that’s exactly what our Nurse Managers do. They’ve got a strong combination of clinical skills, management abilities, and professionalism, and they devote every ounce of their hearts to all that they do here. This culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s one of the many reasons we’ve earned a five-time Magnet designation. So if you’re passionate about leading an excellent team at a world-class, 852-bed teaching and research facility, we invite you to bring your talents to Cedars-Sinai. Come discover for yourself why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Are you ready to make a difference?
The Associate Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the daily planning, organizing, directing, and controlling of the daily operations and clinical practice for Labor and Delivery/MFCU.
As the Associate Director,
- You will be responsible for the daily twenty-four (24) hour planning, organizing, directing and controlling of the daily operations and clinical practice of assigned patient care areas, in order to provide quality, individualized patient care and support of Medical Center philosophies.
- You will assume fiscal responsibility through preparation of unit budgets, serves as liaison with medical staff and other personnel, promotes the maximum growth and development of each employee, supports research, participates in strategic planning, both long and short term, and assures patient advocacy.
- You are accountable to the Service Line Executive Director.
- You will maintain competency skills including the ability to deliver care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- You are able to identify the ability of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients to follow direction/instructions and give consent.
- You can identify safety concerns and institute measures to provide a safe environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental milestones in the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population.
- You will be responsible for assuring staff competency in provision of age related patient care.
- BSN Degree and MSN Degree required
- A valid California Registered Nurse license required
- BLS Certification required
- ACLS Certification Preferred
- Specialty certification required or obtain within 1 year, leadership certification preferred
- 8+ years experience with minimum of 5 years management experience in specialty(Labor and Delivery) required.
- Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned area
- Working Title: Associate Director - Labor and Delivery/MFCU
- Department: Labor & Delivery
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map