Associate Director Inpatient and ED - PharmacyRequisition # 20001475 Apply Now
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy has over approximately 400 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. We are committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. We are affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100 residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed “Site of the Year” awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
As a Associate Director in our inpatient and emergency pharmacy services at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, Ca, you will be responsible for oversight of decentralized pharmacy services which represents approximately 107 pharmacists and over 30 technicians and the teaching program.
You will have a total of 4 Managers and an Educational Coordinator as a direct report.
The Associate Director works directly with 4 inpatient managers to support comprehensive pharmacy services for inpatients and emergency department patients.
The pharmacy practice model is integrated such that pharmacists are responsible for processing orders, participating in patient care and/or progression of care rounds depending on their area of responsibility, dosing services, transitions of care, patient education and teaching of students and residents.
The teaching program, overseen by the Education Coordinator, consists of an ASHP Accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency Program with 6 residents and 4 affiliation agreements with schools of pharmacy in California. Approximately 70 IPPE and 230 APPE rotations are offered each year.
- Inpatient pharmacy practice model
- Member of Pharmacy Administrative Staff
- Performance management of inpatient and ED staff in collaboration with managers including recruitment, selection and management of performance
- Oversight of pharmacist career ladder
- Mentoring of direct reports and designated staff
- Oversight of pharmacist staffing, schedule and vacation calendar
- You will Participate in multidisciplinary meetings including but not limited to P&T Committee, Medication Safety, Medical Staff Performance Improvement Committees,
- Rotating through the Administrator of the Day rotation
- Continued education program administrator
- Regulatory compliance
- Possess Pharm.D. degree and residency or equivalent experience
- Current pharmacy licensure in the state of California.
- BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(C.P.R.) and Code Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and Procedure
What else are we looking for?
- Minimum five years previous management/supervisory experience
- Substantial clinical experience
- Member ASHP and CSHP
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess knowledge of current healthcare issues.
- Knowledge and ability to implement performance improvement measures
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards of practice relative to pharmacy practice
- Possess skills in problem solving and fostering teamwork as well as positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage human resources.
- Financial management and budget preparation skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information systems in daily practices.
- Working Title: Associate Director Inpatient and ED - Pharmacy
- Department: Director Pharmacy
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map