- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Assistant Nurse Manager - ORRequisition # 19005812 Apply Now
Every Connection. Every Support. Everything We Have.
A true leader aims to inspire—and at Cedars-Sinai, that’s exactly what our Nurse Managers do. They’ve got a strong combination of clinical skills, management abilities, and integrity, and they devote every ounce of their hearts to all that they do here. This culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s one of the many reasons we’ve earned a five-time Magnet designation. So if you’re passionate about leading an excellent team at a world-class, 852-bed teaching and research facility, we invite you to bring your talents to Cedars-Sinai. Come discover for yourself why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Under the leadership of the Nurse Manager/Associate Director/Executive Director (Nurse Leader) the Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for coordinating the daily twenty-four (24) hour operations of assigned unit/area patient care in order to provide high quality, individualized patient care in support of Medical Center philosophies.
As the Assistant Nurse Manager,
- You will function as the Department Supervisor and an experienced and proficient clinician.
- You will collaborate to identify and assess patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations.
- You will intervene to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patients.
- You will provide leadership in the delivery of patient care and nursing practices within assigned clinical unit(s).
- You will work with Nurse Management to address issues identified with regard to quality of care standards.
- You will be responsible for performance management, including supervising or developing action plans to support staff development and improve performance.
- You will assist in monitoring established performance improvement systems to measure fiscal compliance.
- You will assists the Nurse Leader with budget planning, staffing and scheduling, recruitment efforts internal/external to the organization, monitors meal periods and rest breaks, tardiness, absenteeism, overtime and keeps Nurse Manager informed of trends.
- You will oversee documentation on direct and indirect patient care services for the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of our patients.
- You will assist the Nurse Leader with the development of departmental goals, new hire evaluation process and promote inter/intra departmental collaboration.
- You will coordinate the interdisciplinary team approach to discharge planning, including team rounding.
- You will lead the coordination of patient assignments based on staff competencies, including the delegation and assignment patient care tasks and prioritization of workload, considering patient acuity, activity and available resources.
- Other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- BSN Degree Required
- MSN/MHA Preferred
- CA Registered Nurse License
- BLS from American Heart Association
- Relevant Specialty Certification required for internals, externals will have one year to acquire certification.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in an acute care or procedural setting
- (2) years in specialty and supervisory experience.
- Working Title: Assistant Nurse Manager - OR
- Department: OR Administration
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map