ArchitectRequisition # 19003337 Apply Now
We are a nonprofit academic healthcare organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond. With groundbreaking medical research achievements, education programs defining the future of healthcare, and wide-ranging community benefit activities, we’re setting new standards for quality and innovation in patient care.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Architect/Planner will manage the programming and design of all projects overseen by Facilities Planning, Design and Construction from inception through the receipt of permits from the appropriate municipal agencies. This position shall also assist the Project Managers during construction phases of assigned projects.
- Evaluates client/customer requirements and makes appropriate design recommendations.
- Evaluate spatial and equipment requirements and makes design recommendations as needed.
- Reviews building code and medical center compliance for all projects.
- Prepares request for proposed architectural and engineering fees, evaluates proposals and recommends design team.
- Obtains appropriate project approvals.
- Compiles construction estimates and reports as needed.
- Expedites the permitting process.
- Collaborates with and advises the design team as needed.
- Provides information to the space coordinator, interior designer and construction manager, as needed.
- Reviews project compliance with all hospital policies, federal/state/local regulations and The Joint Commission requirements.
- Serves as design team/client liaison.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Architecture.
- California State Licensed Architect (CAB)
Minimum (5) five years of experience in Architecture
Prefer (3) three years of progressive experience in administration of consulting design professionals and programming/design of healthcare facilities preferred.
- Working Title: Architect
- Department: Construction
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Facilities
- Job Specialty: Facilities Design
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map