- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Admitting Representative Part-TimeRequisition # 18000711 Apply Now
The Admitting Representative performs all admissions activities for pre-admit and face-to-face registration of patients presenting to the Main Admissions and/or outpatient areas for treatment. Facilitates patient access to Cedars Sinai Medical Center and secures all demographic and financial patient registration information.
This will include the following: Registration, PreRegistration, insurance verification, Third Party Liability (TPL) screening, Medi-Cal / Medicare eligibility verification, Workers Compensation eligibility, and securing cash deposits (co-pays, deductibles, cash packages). Able to explain information and answer questions.
Demonstrates competency skills including the ability to perform job duties and interact with customers with sensitivity and attention to the patient population(s) served.
Must be available to work 20 hours each week, including weekends.
• High school graduate required.
• Minimum 2 years of college preferred.
• Minimum 2 years experience in healthcare, insurance or related experience.
• Medical terminology preferred.
• Previous work experience in an inpatient or outpatient admissions setting or physician’s office, preferred. Knowledge / experience in patient accounting or with an insurance payor preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills for interacting with patients, payers, physicians and other CSHS customers.
• Intermediate math skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to work well as a team player and independently.
• Able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment with conflicting demands on time and attention.
• PC literacy: Basic core computer skills and navigation skills. General knowledge of office equipment.
• English language proficiency. Bi-lingual preferred / helpful.
• Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
• Aptitude for cash collections.
• Walking, standing, low-level lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Working Title: Admitting Representative Part-Time
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions / Registration
- Position Type: Part-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map