- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Admitting Representative - Outpatient Registration - Part TimeRequisition # 18002316 Apply Now
Do you love helping people every single day?
As an Admitting Representative, you are the face of Cedars-Sinai and can make a difference for our patients. You will be responsible for registering patients presenting to the medical center for treatment. Your priority is to deliver quality and effective services to our patients.
Are you patient and an excellent listener? Do you care about getting the details right?
In this role, you are responsible for
Securing all patient registration information accurately and in a timely manner
information and answer questions our patients may have to help them understand
the complexities of health insurance services and coverages
Securing cash deposits including co-pays, deductibles, cash packages
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, excel at multi-tasking and are ready to tackle the exciting and important responsibilities of an Admitting Representative, please apply.
This is a Part-Time position with a schedule of 20 hours each week.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Minimum 2 years of healthcare, insurance or related experience.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Previous work experience in an inpatient or outpatient admissions setting or physician’s office, preferred. Knowledge / experience in patient accounting or with an insurance payor preferred.
- Great interpersonal, written and oral communication skills for interacting with patients, payers, physicians and other CSHS customers.
- Intermediate math skills required.
- Proven ability to work well as a great teammate and independently.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment with conflicting demands on time and attention.
- PC literacy: Basic core computer skills and navigation skills. General knowledge of office equipment.
- English language proficiency. Bi-lingual preferred
- Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- Aptitude for cash collections.
- Walking, standing, low-level lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Working Title: Admitting Representative - Outpatient Registration - Part Time
- Department: MGB Registration-Patient Acces
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions / Registration
- Position Type: Part-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map