When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters.
This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research, and education.
What will you be doing in this role?
Performs basic clerical, administrative and general office activities to support the facilitation of administrative workflow within the department and/or unit. Supports an individual or multiple staff members through a variety of tasks related to the organization and department. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Calendars appointments, conference rooms and organizes travel arrangements for an individual, group or department.
- Provides general information to internal or external clients or customers, answers and directs phone calls, and routes inquiries to other departments in the organization as appropriate.
- Distributes and disseminates information within the department and/or unit.
- Formats and types correspondence, documents, memos, reports, meeting minutes and/or presentations materials.
- Scans or makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials and compiles basic reports. Maintains records or department files.
- Replenishes and orders office supplies, may arrange for equipment maintenance.
- May assist with expense reports, monitoring budget, and/or tracking invoice payments.
- May act as or support the Staff Development Advisory Network (SDAN), Safety Representative and/or Kronos editor within the department and or unit.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Working Title: Administrative Assistant - Per Diem, Cheng Lab
- Department: Heart Institute Operations
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later