Cedars-Sinai is a national leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered healthcare encompassing primary care as well as niche medicine and conducting research that leads to lifesaving discoveries and innovations. Since its beginning in 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the healthcare needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, continually setting new standards in quality and innovation in patient care, research, teaching and community service!
Today, Cedars-Sinai is widely known for its national leadership in redefining healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare globally by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow’s physicians and other health professionals. At the same time, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a longstanding dedication to strengthening the Los Angeles community through multifaceted programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding benefits and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best and most hardworking employees. Our talented members reflect the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
What will you be doing in this role?
We are seeking a highly motivated Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support and contribute to our mission of providing word-class health care and the best quality service to our patients and communities. We invite you to consider this exciting opportunity and provide us with an opportunity to learn more about you and your skills!
- Calendars appointments, conference rooms and organizes travel arrangements for an individual, group or department.
- Provides general information to internal or external clients or customers, answers and directs phone calls, and routes inquiries to other departments in the organization as appropriate.
- Distributes and disseminates information within the department and/or unit.
- Formats and types correspondence, documents, memos, reports, meeting minutes and/or presentations materials.
- Scans or makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials and compiles basic reports. Maintains records or department files.
- Replenishes and orders office supplies, may arrange for equipment maintenance.
- May assist with expense reports, monitoring budget, and/or tracking invoice payments.
- May act as or support the Staff Development Advisory Network (SDAN), Safety Representative and/or Kronos editor within the department and or unit.
Required Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 years of experience in administrative highly preferred
Working Title:Administrative Assistant - Heart Institute Ambulatory
Department:Heart Institute Ambulatory
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later