- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
A/V TechnicianRequisition # 29943 Apply Now
The Conference Services Media Specialist Per Diem works under the supervision of the Conference Services Media Coordinator and is responsible for supporting all medical center audio visual equipment including set-up, troubleshooting, operation, and strike. Must have proficient knowledge of digital projection systems, audio engineering. laptop computers (PC and Mac), and Microsoft Office software. Candidate must be able to multi-task in a highly visible environment, possess outstanding assignments in accord with established timelines, demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness and problem solving skills. The position works within a corporate environment and requires clean cut, professional attire when working.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
Prefer candidate with 2-4 years of AN support experience within a medical, hotel, corporate or academic environment or equivalent vocational training.
-The attitude and desire to deliver outstanding audio/visual support in service to the conference, meeting and special event needs of the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center community.
- Excellent customer service skills proven through demonstrated ability to interact well with people, help others, and willingness to do whatever it takes to assure customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate to advanced technical knowledge of professional production and a/v equipment including projection, video switching, sound mixing, matrix Switching, integrated control system, and streaming
- The ability to troubleshoot and efficiently remedy AV related problems as they arise (particularly under pressure, during a 'live' presentation).
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage tasks in a high-volume environment
- Strong oral communication skills
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
Must be able to lift and carry heavy audio visual equipment, agile enough to fish cabling through narrow passageways (including accessing coilings and roofs), and capable of quickly troubleshooting production sets with little lime and heavy stress. Incumbent must be in vibrant physical condition as the position requires constant walking and maneuvering equipment with cables a/c cords, and electrical current. Must be able to work on ladders and/or scissor lifts in high positions for prolonged periods of time.
- Working Title: A/V Technician
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0829009 - CONFERENCE SERVICES
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic Affairs
- Job Specialty: Academic Affairs
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: Flex
- Hours: tbd
- Days: Departmental Schedule
- Shift Type: Flexible
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map