$10K Sign-On Bonus - Registered Nurse III - Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center
Los Angeles, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0573267
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expert clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in California as your next career move.
The Samuel Oschin Cancer Center, nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report, treats more than 60 types of cancer. Its team of experts works to create a treatment plan to meet each patient's specific needs. The center's outpatient infusion center offers chemotherapy and supportive services, including 18 private rooms for treatment sessions six hours or longer.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Care for patients with oncology and hematology diagnoses
- Perform safe administration of chemotherapy
- Transfusion of blood products
- Engage in symptom management
- Provide VAD care and peripheral IV insertion
- Duties include care of patients on Phase I clinical trials
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations
- Intervenes to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patient
- When assigned charge nurse responsibility, coordinates unit activity throughout the shift, including the authorization of incidental overtime, initiates chain of command as appropriate
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- OCN Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card required
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- OCN or other specialty certification required (or willing to obtain within one year from start date)
- A minimum of 3 years of acute care nursing experience required
- Applicants with less than 3 years of acute care nursing experience may be considered as a Clinical Nurse II
- At least 2 years of outpatient chemotherapy administration experience is required
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Oncology, Chemotherapy, Infusion, Cancer, Outpatient, Healthcare, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: $10K Sign-On Bonus - Registered Nurse III - Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center
- Department: Cancer Center Infusion
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus