- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Senior Accountant - AccountingRequisition # 20003846 Apply Now
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for performing senior-level accounting functions to include preparation of the monthly financial statements, maintaining and analyzing all account and bank reconciliations, developing manual or automated accounting applications based on the need for financial management information.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation of the Cedars Sinai Medical Care Foundation monthly financials.
- Performs sophisticated accounting functions involving the application of established accounting standards, principles, and practices.
- Prepares and inputs all journal entries.
- Performs financial analysis of operations. Creates standard and ad-hoc reporting for various audiences.
- Prepares financial statements.
- Prepares all monthly account and bank reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of tax filings and audit work papers for both internal and external auditors.
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets as the need arises.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee, and corporate financial records.
- As needed, develops manual or automated accounting applications based on the need for financial management information.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required.
- Five (5) years of accounting experience required. Experience in healthcare accounting highly preferred.
- Two (2) years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Working Title: Senior Accountant - Accounting
- Department: MNS Accounting
- Business Entity: Medical Network
- City: Encino
- Job Category: Finance
- Job Specialty: Accounting
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Encino, CaliforniaView Map