The Manager, MN Managed Care Enrollment and Benefits is responsible for processes associated with the internal maintenance of MDN provider data accuracy related to and communicated by Cedars-Sinai Medical Delivery Network on behalf of Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation and affiliated medical groups.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for the full scope of implementation of new or amended Medical Network (MDN) ancillary and provider contracts.
- Understands the overall operations of the business to integrate provider information in its varied formations and functions.
- Serves as a consultant to the Training Team’s management to develop or revise training curriculum related to MDN Provider Data management workflows.
- Engages key collaborators within Cedars-Sinai Health System (CSHS) Managed Care & Payor Relations, Physician Billing (PBS) and MDN Network Management to develop standardized workflows for internal and external provider set-up.
- Manages staff to ensure paneling information provided to Health Plans is accurate and timely to support Senate bill AB137.
- Collaborates with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (CSMC) and MDN operational departments to identify and resolve issues within CSHA/CSMG HMO referral data bases.
- Develops audit mechanism(s) to identify system discrepancies which may impact referrals and claims.
- Develops clear and concise educational materials regarding PIF and CRM completion.
- Manages and approves Provider Information Forms (PIFs) related to the MDN’s managed care business.
- Manages the validation of MDN-related fields within Epic’s Provider (SER) records.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy of ancillary and provider contract data within EPIC’s Tapestry Module and associated HMO referral system(s) operations.
- Is responsible for the accuracy of internal rosters to mitigate inadvertent leakage resulting from incorrect listings.
- Reports high impact concerns/issues to leadership via the biweekly Managed Care Operations meeting.
- Prepares policies and procedures as requested.
High school diploma/GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Five (5) years of experience in Managed Care required.
Working Title: Manager, Enrollment & Eligibility - Managed Care (REMOTE)
Department: MNS - Managed Care
Business Entity: Medical Network
Job Category: Strategic Plan/Business Dev
Job Specialty: Managed Care
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay: $94,200.00 - $155,400.00
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.