Lead Data Center Operations Technician - Onsite
El Segundo, California
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we’re proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC1242832A
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of the right people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022‑23. When you join our team, you’ll gain access to our state-of-the-art biomedical research facilities and advanced medical education programs. We are dedicated to helping you further your expertise — we offer learning programs, tuition reimbursement and performance-improvement projects so you can achieve additional certifications and degrees while gaining the knowledge and experience needed to advance your career.
We take pride in hiring the best, most passionate employees. Our talented doctors, nurses and staff reflect the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing in this role:
The Lead Data Center Operations Technician will play a meaningful role in maintaining and managing our data center. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all aspects of the daily operations of the data center, ensuring it is always operating optimally, and leading the team in managing the infrastructure that powers our business.
- Lead a team of Data Center Operations Technicians and provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Be responsible for the daily operations of the data center, including managing team work queue, inventory and asset management, equipment and cabling installation, network port mapping, connectivity troubleshooting, server patch management support and coordination, and level 1 incident triage support for server OS related issues (Linux and/or Windows).
- Monitor the health of the data center infrastructure and take proactive steps to ensure efficient performance.
- Manage data center access and coordinate external vendor system access.
- Coordinate systems maintenance and notifications.
- Find opportunities for automation and help lead projects to improve efficiencies in service delivery.
- Configure network switches and storage.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Five (5)+ years of experience in data center operations, including cabling, equipment installation, and server administration.
- Experience leading a team of Data Center Operations Technicians.
- Expertise in data center equipment and operations, including server OS, VMware, storage, network infrastructure, and backup systems.
- Solid understanding of network port mapping and connectivity troubleshooting.
- Ability to provide level 1 incident triage support for server OS related issues (Linux and/or Windows).
- Experience configuring network switches and storage.
- Proficiency using Office 365 applications including Word & Excel
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or related field. (preferred)
A+ and/or Network+ certification preferred.
Working Title: Lead Data Center Operations Technician - Onsite
Department: Data Center Operations
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Specialty: Network & Systems Engineering
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$34.10 - $54.56
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy. Cedars - Sinai's EEO and AA Policy Statement
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Expand your horizons by working and learning along side the best in the industry.
Awards & Recognition
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.