- Information Technology
- Medical Network
LVN - Culver City Urgent CareRequisition # HRC0342666 Apply Now
The LVN supports the physician and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing patient care assessments, and a variety of medically related tasks. The LVN is a licensed nurse who works in an ambulatory care setting to perform and provide nursing services.
- Greet patients and provide an initial nursing evaluation.
- Manage patient care flow and takes a leadership role within the suite.
- Prepares patients for provider by reviewing current medications and record in medical record.
- Takes appropriate vital signs and record in medical record.
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
- Perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by provider.
- Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider.
- Administer immunization, injections, oral or IV medications as directed by provider.
- Use PRN/Smart Talk systems to convey lab results to patients as defined by provider.
- Follow-up on scheduling needs and answers patient calls in a timely fashion.
- Prepare charts as needed, including filing into appropriate sections of medical record and assures that all pertinent items are available to provider before patient care commences.
- Ability to understand and assist providers with clinical care.
- Handles all designated clinical care telephone interactions with provider input.
- Communicates all significant clinical findings to MD.
- Serves as an advocate for patient and utilizes appropriate resources.
- Provide orientation and training for new clinical staff and recommends areas for improvement.
- Serves as liaison with other departments, facilities, and hospital.
- Counsel and provide corrective actions as needed with input from Lead Nurse.
- Provide assistance in QA/QC measures for suites.
- Certification from accredited school and current California Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) licensure.
- LVN license required.
- IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal certificate required.
- Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
Five (5) or more years of experience in outpatient medical setting preferred.
- Working Title: LVN - Culver City Urgent Care
- Department: Urgent Care
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Culver City
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Culver City, CaliforniaView Map