The Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is committed to helping primary care and specialist physicians provide excellent care to all their patients. As a part of the medical network employees are central to expanding the reach of Cedars-Sinai further into the communities we serve. As a part of Cedars-Sinai, physicians and staff in the medical network can partner with the medical center to deliver care from a hospital that is consistently recognized as one of the finest hospitals in the country and they benefit from groundbreaking research and a focus on translational medicine.
The Patient Contact Rep is the primary point of contact for patients accessing Cedars-Sinai Medical Network for appointments and care related questions. Will answer phone calls for assigned specialties, schedule appointments, address patient inquiries, issues and complaints as well as route and advance calls as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Addresses and resolves a minimum of 60 calls daily and functions as the primary patient contact for their assigned specialties within the Medical Network with minimal direction.
- Directs, routes and refers patients to appropriate multi-specialty areas with minimal disturbance to the patient.
- Schedules patient appointments by utilizing scheduling system/application.
- Determines effective resolutions to complaints/disputes and handles all concerns with etiquette and integrity.
- Raises patient calls when appropriate according to applicable guidelines.
- Provides outstanding customer service based on an effective intake and diligence with every call.
High school diploma/GED required.
One (1) year of Patient Service Rep experience or related experience required. One (1) year of answering multi-line and large volume calls in a healthcare setting or related field required. Must have great customer service skills.
- Working Title: Patient Contact Rep - Call Center/ACET
- Department: Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation
- Business Entity: Organization
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions/Registration
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later