X-Ray Technician, Limited Permit - Diagnostic Imaging
Beverly Hills, California
Making a difference is difficult, but if you’re like us, you’ll know it is well worth it. As an imaging professional at Cedars-Sinai you’ll have state-of-the-art imaging technology at your disposal to help provide innovative treatment options in a compassionate environment to those that need it the most. You'll work alongside distinguished physicians and some of the most talented staff in the industry doing the incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful member of our Imaging team at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
- Good listener
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0823979A
Cedars-Sinai was awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year which is an award that recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We also have a great benefits package and competitive compensation which explains why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding employee benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
A Little More About What You Will be Doing
The X-Ray Technician Limited Permit supports patient care by performing x-rays as ordered by provider for diagnostic purposes. As a member of the patient care team, this role performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to maintain workflows and efficiency in the clinical offices
- Performs diagnostic radiographic procedures, positions patients on the exam table and adjusts equipment to obtain optimal views of specific body area
- Performs procedures based on established technique chart using independent judgment to support the radiological orders
- Exhibits solid understanding and collaborates with departments as it relates to radiological services
- Demonstrates proper equipment usage, uses appropriate technique charts, follows appropriate exposure index ranges and assures markers are set appropriately
- Provides assistance in QA measures including recording QC testing on designated equipment
- Explains policies, procedures, or services to patients using clinical or administrative knowledge, based on scope of practice
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs
- Adheres to all infection prevention standards, department policies and guidelines
- Manages patient care flow and assists with monitoring CS-Link message pools and standard work
- Performs patient intakes including appropriate vital signs, reviews medication list, reviews medical/surgical history, and documents in the electronic medical record (EMR)
- High school diploma/GED required
- Graduate of an accredited X-Ray program required
- 1 year working as an X-Ray Technician in an outpatient clinical/medical office setting preferred
- California Department of Health – Radiologic Health Branch X-Ray Permit with Digital Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
Working Title: X-Ray Technician, Limited Permit - Diagnostic Imaging
Department: Diagnostic Imaging
Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
Job Category: Imaging
Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Pay: $23.22 - $34.83
Our compensation philosophy
We offer competitive total compensation that includes pay, benefits, and other recognition programs for our employees. The base pay range shown above takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including knowledge/skills; relevant experience and training; education/certifications/licensure; and other business and organizational factors. This base pay range does not include our comprehensive benefits package and any incentive payments that may be applicable to this role
Diversity and Inclusion at Cedars-Sinai
We are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve. Quality Care and Research—For All, By All.
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.
Hear From Our People
“Cedars-Sinai is an incredible place to work. Since I began working here, I have felt like I am making a difference in the care of many patients. Cedars-Sinai is at the forefront of so much new research and technology, and it is thrilling to come to work at a place where I get to challenge myself and constantly learn new things, while simultaneously working in a wonderful team environment with many other MRI technologists. I am proud to work at an organization with so many other talented individuals whose primary goal is to provide the absolute best care to our patients.”– Thomas Tetrick B.S.R.S CRT ARRT (R)(MR)(CT) MRI Technologist
“Working in the Imaging department with people that treat you like family after 25yrs of service is the best felling you can have…”– Liliana E. Gomez, Imaging Team Leader
“I love working at Cedar Sinai for many reasons. The management is great, and they always try to work toward employees and patients’ satisfaction. It’s a very well-organized hospital… [and] a challenging place, where every day is a learning day and you can grow more.”– Saeideh Hashemzadeh, MRI Technologist
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Health and Wellness Programs