- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Sr. Performance Improvement Facilitator - Organizational AdvancementRequisition # 19001149 Apply Now
The Performance Improvement Facilitator leads and facilitates performance improvement projects using Lean methodologies, with coaching, including Value Stream Mapping sessions, Rapid Process Improvement Workshops and Visioning events. Contributes to the development and implementation of performance improvement projects, including architectural design work, across the organization with keen attention to change management. Consults to and coaches process owners, value stream owners, operational leaders as well as front line staff.
The Facilitator will be part of a team responsible for teaching and coaching administrators, clinicians and front line staff on the application of lean principles to solve organizational problems.
Will also contribute to the development and execution of training and infrastructure for the Performance Improvement Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Leads and facilitates improvement events and projects, including assessment, planning, event facilitation, and follow-up/sustaining, with some coaching. Meets quality standards and the production of expected deliverables during all phases of the event and project life cycle.
· Consults to and coaches process owners, value stream owners, and operational leaders in event and workshop activities, as well as front line staff on Lean process improvement tools and methods.
· In concert with project sponsors and senior consultants, assesses & identifies problems and opportunities, coordinates the activities of the improvement team, identifies appropriate resources needed, develops schedule to ensure timely completion of improvement project.
· Supports the development of Performance Improvement Office infrastructure, including lean "Best Practices", tools & methods for lean education and promotion of lean thinking throughout the organization.
· Coaches process owners to track and report results from improvement efforts. May collect and analyze data, maintain results and assist in preparing reports to support decision-making and continuous improvement. Is able to translate data into meaningful information, make conclusions, and shape work at the department level.
· Provides leadership for improvement programs for departments and project team members by defining intent of programs and overseeing development deliverables to ensure project goals are met.
· In concert with project sponsors and senior consultants, assesses & identifies problems and opportunities, assembles improvement team, identifies appropriate resources needed, develops schedule to ensure timely completion of improvement project.
· Establishes effective working relationships & manages communications with project sponsors, project oversight group members, process owners & key stakeholders.
· Serves as a mentor and coach to other Performance Improvement staff to grow their lean technical and consultating skills. May also provide training during the on-boarding stages for newly hired colleagues.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Administration or related field.
Demonstrated experience in healthcare industry and/or consulting, managing improvement projects or teams either in improvement projects or operations that is typically acquired with 3-6 years of related work experience and 1-2 years in a dedicated performance improvement role utilizing lean methodology.
- Working Title: Sr. Performance Improvement Facilitator - Organizational Advancement
- Department: Practice Transformation
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Compliance/Quality
- Job Specialty: Performance Improvement
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map