- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Senior Patient Service Representative - THORequisition # 20003627 Apply Now
Every Skill, Every Effort, Everything We Have
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. You will support the physicians and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks.
As a member of the patient care team and the primary point of patient contact, the Senior Patient Service Representative is responsible for positive patient relations, proper telephone communication, appointment scheduling, patient registration, as well as payment and co-payment collection. This position also performs routine duties associated with the collection and maintenance of current patient demographics and insurance information.
The Senior Patient Service Representative is able to independently perform these responsibilities based on the standard work for their department with minimal supervision.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check-in and out patients and collect co-payments/give receipts/reconcile payments; verifies that patient demographic and insurance information is correct in CS-Link
- Schedule appointments, complete patient registration, collect patient payments and to provide a high level of patient service
- Identifies opportunities for improvement within CS Link and department workflows
- As liaison coordinates administrative support activities including facilities management, patient billing, utilization management, quality management, risk management, human resources, and payroll; ability to establish and maintain relationships with peers, physicians, patients and other departments
- Coordinates communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, insurance plans, and other departments
- Manages physician master schedules and organize all schedule changes as instructed; handle patient/provider correspondence as instructed
- Process and track referrals and authorizations for various insurance types
- Manages patient care flow and assist with monitoring CS-Link message pools and standard work
- Explains policies, procedures, or services to patients using administrative knowledge
- Actively participates in daily huddles and staff meetings with topics and presentations to promote positive and effective team work
- High School Diploma and/or GED required
- Associates Degree/College Diploma preferred
- 3 years of experience working as a Patient Service Representative in an outpatient medical office setting required
- 5 years of experience working as a Patient Service Representative in an outpatient medical office setting preferred
- Demonstrates level of expertise in medical insurance, referral process and benefits plans
- Prefer experience with CS-Link/Epic Healthcare
- Working Title: Senior Patient Service Representative - THO
- Department: THO Administration
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Admissions/Registration
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map