- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Senior Medical Assistant -GastroenterologyRequisition # HRC0351369 Apply Now
Every Skill, Every Effort, Everything We Have
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. You will support the physicians and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks
The Senior Medical Assistant is responsible for positive patient relations, proper telephone communication, verification of patient information by interviewing patient and confirming purpose of visit. The Medical Assistant is also responsible to prepare the patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature, and reporting patient history summary. This position will also be trained and will be responsible for appointment scheduling, and to perform routine duties associated with the collection and maintenance of current patient demographics and insurance information.
The Senior Medical Assistant will perform required responsibilities based on the standard work for their department with minimal supervision with the ability, skill and knowledge to work in more than one specialty area.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients, take appropriate vital signs, review current medications and record in medical record
- Coordinates, or serve as liaison, for administrative and clinical (based on scope of practice) support activities including facilities management, patient billing, utilization management, quality management, risk management, human resources, and payroll
- Coordinates communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, insurance plans, and other departments
- Manages patient care flow and assist with monitoring CS-Link message pools and standard work
- Monitors their own workflow independently to meet the requirements of their position at a level of expertise that requires minimal supervision
- Assists with tracking and monitoring department specific data
- Explains policies, procedures, or services to patients using clinical or administrative knowledge, based on scope of practice
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs
- Cleans/re-processes equipment and supplies based on standard work and department guidelines
- Addresses patient, physician, and staff concerns and resolve problems accordingly
- Provides assistance and direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution
- May lead daily huddles and staff meetings and participates in performance improvement activities within the local assigned department
- Graduation from accredited Medial Assistant school
- High School Diploma/GED
- Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited educational program
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required from the American Heart Association and/or American Red Cross
- 3 years of experience working as a Medical Assistant in an outpatient clinical/medical office setting required
- 5 years of experience working as a Medical Assistant in an outpatient clinical/medical office setting preferred
- Strong understanding of medical insurance and benefit plans
- Epic Super-user, must demonstrate a level of expertise with CS-Link and department workflows
- Working Title: Senior Medical Assistant -Gastroenterology
- Department: Gastroenterology
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Family & Function, Medical Network Foundation
- Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map