Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Tell me about the role:
The Senior Consultant, Clinical, works as part of a cross-functional team to enhance clinical efficiencies, promote appropriate and high-value care, and prepare Cedars-Sinai to succeed with value-based contracts and other payer initiatives. This full-time position is primarily responsible for reviewing clinical evidence, understanding evidence-based “best practices”, assessing current performance, and developing and implementing interventions in order to reduce practice variation and support the team’s stated objectives:
- Leverages clinical evidence to identify opportunities to enhance clinical efficiency, guideline adherence, and outcomes of care, as well as to reduce total costs of care
- Identifies key clinical questions that need to be answered to understand current performance and opportunities for future improvement. Support “translation” of those questions into appropriate analyses
- Supports clinical interpretation of analytic findings
- Collaborates with other team members to ensure integration of clinical, analytic, and operational insights in order to increase organizational knowledge
- Effectively communicates the results of analyses to various stakeholders. Communication should be clear and “fit for purpose” in order to addresses the questions and findings most relevant to the specific stakeholder
- Utilizes clinical knowledge to suggest interventions that may have the greatest positive impact on outcomes of interest and plan approaches to measure their impact
- Identifies health system changes that may be needed to support appropriate evidence-based care
- Interprets analyses of outcomes of interventions, including clinical, patient-centered, utilization, and financial outcomes and identify clinical implications
- Identifies the key clinical issues that need to be addressed for success in managed care or value-based contracts (e.g., patient stratification; identification and enrollment of high-risk patients into specific programs) and ensure that interventions are aligned with clinical evidence and aimed to achieve best practices
- Develops feedback and communication tools that will be most impactful to clinicians and encourage evidence-based practices.
Background We Are Seeking:
Bachelors Degree in healthcare, business, or technical field required
Clinical degree (BSN, RN, PharmD, MD, etc.) required
At least 5 years of prior work experience (post-training) in a healthcare setting required.
Experience in program development, evidence-based review and guideline development, managed care of health system operations preferred.
Why Work Here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package with health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
- Working Title: Senior Clinical Consultant
- Department: Clinical Transformation
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Strategic Plan/Business Dev
- Job Specialty: Strategic Planning
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later