Revenue Cycle Client Service Manager - Billing ServicesRequisition # 19004598 Apply Now
The Revenue Cycle Client Services Manager oversees and manages client relationship with PBS in all areas of the Revenue Cycle and coordinate response to client concern/issues effectively with the PBS Management team.
• Coordinate all on-boarding activities related to the revenue cycle for new providers including but not limited to: understanding of services to be provided, charge documents, EMR and Practice Management system set up, workflows for charge capture identified and documented, time of service collection process, and client expectations.
• Have a good understanding of services provided by client and how these services are accurately billed to payers.
• Function as primary point of contact for the client to front end revenue cycle issues and help streamline business operations as they relate to the revenue cycle.
• Working collaboratively with coding/compliance departments to ensure providers are receiving appropriate training and feedback.
• Work in close partnership with the operational management team and all PBS departments in order to be proactive in assuring successful charge entry, resolution of accounts receivable and patient satisfaction.
Client Service Responsibilities:
• Provide accounting and performance reporting/support to the client including:
• On demand status updates
• Weekly scheduled updates
• Receiving Month End Report from production and monitor Month End Balancing Analysis
• Providing for final review and distribution of month-end and executive reports with performance analysis
• Quarterly/Biannual/Annual Client Reviews
• Review of monthly account balances and aging
• Coordinate and facilitate the processing of billing documentation that requires client interaction
• Documentation Discrepancies
• Credit Balances
• Referrals to Collection Agencies
• Pending Charges
• Guide and participate with appropriate PBS management team members in conducting “special projects” as requested by client
• Participate in monthly management meetings to organize, coordinate and enhance service functions
• Provide monthly Client Activity Summaries and Progress Reports to Executive Management
• Maintain regular communications with Coding Department to monitor APCs and to resolve subsequent coding issues
• Support Operations as appropriate in calls or face-to-face meetings on behalf of clients to resolve reimbursement issues with difficult payers
• Promotes and maintains superior customer service to physicians, patients, and all other clients
• Handles in a professional and confidential manner all correspondence, documentation, and files
• May be responsible for managing personnel, including the preparation of employee performance reviews; job interviewing and hiring; determination of raises, promotions, transfers, and terminations
• Manages daily activities, including determining specific employee work assignments; reviewing employee activities for completeness, accuracy, and effectiveness, adjusting staff workload and/or monitoring staff productivity
• Encourages and teaches staff to support CSMNS core values, policies, and procedures
• Creates a supportive environment by fostering individual motivation, coaching, and training
• Develops and coaches staff to ensure they have the skills necessary for optimum performance
• Counsels employees regarding work, attendance, etc. as appropriate, and within departmental guidelines
• Analyzes, reports on, and provides recommendations for billing, collection, and accounts receivable results, such as A/R aging, volumes and trends
• Recommends Epic system changes as appropriate.
• Documents monthly trends for the key performance indicators of aging days, charges, revenue, denials trend and quality reviews; including analysis of these trends and action plans for resolution, as appropriate
• Understands trends and issues affecting collections for overall divisions as well as specific physicians; compiles research and reports for director and physicians accurately and timely
• Prepares and delivers oral and written presentations to PBS Director and client
• Keeps employees informed of client issues and concerns by communicating in a clear, effective, and timely manner
• Attends monthly or quarterly meeting with Departmental Managers and Supervisors to discuss client progress
• Works closely with other Supervisors and Managers to resolve issues identified during report analyses, and to decide upon future plans of action
Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent experience. High school diploma or GED required.
EPIC certification in the applicable area of expertise is highly preferred.
EPIC certification in the applicable area of expertise is highly preferred.
• Requires at least five (5) or more years supervisory experience in billing and collections in a hospital or medical group setting
• Must possess strong financial and analytical skills
• Must have a clear understanding of insurance billing and collection requirements
• Working knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding, as well as State and Federal regulations and guidelines is required
• Knowledge of procedures and data flow in a health care organization; experience with physician billing is preferred
• Accounts receivable software experience, general systems knowledge including the ability to read standard billing reports and use analytical tools is desirable
• A proactive, self-starter, hands-on leadership, and one that fosters a spirit of teamwork is highly preferred
• Understanding of Windows based applications ie. Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong Communication Skills
• Successfully complete training on required modules within the EPIC system
• Work independently with little or no supervision, if necessary
• Handles all work in a professional and confidential manner
• Produce quality work within expected standards of department
• Manage time and workload efficiently
• Takes initiative to work proactively and can present issues with solutions to management
• Assist and effectively communicate with all levels of staff
• Provide excellent customer service both internally and externally
- Working Title: Revenue Cycle Client Service Manager - Billing Services
- Department: MNS Billing Svc
- Business Entity: Medical Network
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Clinical Operations
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map