- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Research Coordinator (Heart Failure)Requisition # M12052 Apply Now
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Researches reference materials and summarizes research findings
2. Assists Medical Director with manuscript reviews, managing multiple deadlines and other editorial responsibilities
3. Assists with preparing concept sheets and protocols for retrospective chart reviews
4. Develops abstracts, manuscripts, posters, and slides for presentation and/or manuscript submission
5. Performs statistical analysis for studies, including creating figures and tables for publication
6. Participates in patient data collection (medical chart review)
7. Assists with database accuracy and maintenance; collecting data for other investigators as requested
8. Facilitates consenting of clinical research subjects, as needed.
9. Orients and supports student interns to conduct research, including database and observational training
10. Coordinates intern schedules and project timelines
11. Maintains and updates physicians' curriculum vitae
12. Coordinates and collaborates with in-house and outside investigators and participating centers in multi-center studies to achieve research goals.
13. Participates in weekly research staff meetings.
14. Protects rights and research data of research volunteers, including medical records, data, etc. Obtain necessary consent forms, or HIPAA information forms as needed, in research process.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
Position requires Bachelor’s Degree in health sciences or another scientific discipline. Medical training and experience in Cardiology strongly preferred. Related healthcare or administrative experience, or equivalent education and experience will be considered. Experience or training in statistical analysis (SPSS/SAS) preferred. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with “Prezi” presentation formats also preferred. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires a strong understanding of Good Clinical Practice in Clinical Trials. In addition, strong interpersonal skills are needed to work effectively with patients, their physicians and/or families, pharmaceutical company representatives and other project personnel. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and have the ability to be consistently accurate. Require the ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
The position also requires the following:
• High energy with a focus on meeting deadlines;
• Able to prioritize and maintain progress on multiple scientific projects;
• Supportive of finding creative solutions to complex scientific and business challenges;
• Customer focused in a way that ensures desired outcomes are achieved;
• Collegial and highly participative at all levels;
• Focused on providing cutting edge technology that solves real business challenges and ultimately produces better treatment alternatives for patients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working Title: Research Coordinator (Heart Failure)
- Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0147000 - CA Heart Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Research/Research Admin
- Job Specialty: Clinical Research
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map