Research Associate IV - Publications - California Heart Foundation - Kobashigawa LabApply Now Share
As a Research Associate IV for Publications, you will be responsible for handling various editorial tasks for Principal Investigators including:
1. Perform comprehensive literature review of assigned topics and provide written summaries.
2. Develop strategy for document preparation, including preparation of templates in compliance with specific publication guidelines
3. Copy-edit all text in assigned projects; ensure that all text elements meet Editing quality standards, double check any necessary facts, and ensure that all edited text goes through necessary reviews.
4. Using AMA style guidelines, assemble content, including key references and analysis of scientific data and other collateral material.
5. Interpret and organize written copy provided by several sources to ensure it flows in a cohesive order.
6. Ensure accuracy and consistency of citations/credentials in all materials. Ensure accuracy and consistency of all medical (specifically cardiovascular) terminology in all materials.
7. Develop a system to track all publication deadlines, review deadlines, and abstract submission deadlines and ensure a timely submission process.
8. Participate in weekly research staff meetings.
9. Protects rights and research data of research volunteers, including medical records, data, etc.
10. Additional duties as assigned.
- Position requires a minimum Master’s or other advanced Degree in health sciences, biological sciences or other closely-related scientific discipline.
- MD or PhD strongly preferred
- Requires two years of clinical research or related experience to include publication research, manuscript writing and editing, and advanced statistical analysis.
- Medical training and experience in cardiology highly preferred.
- Working Title: Research Associate IV - Publications - California Heart Foundation - Kobashigawa Lab
- Department: CA Heart Foundation
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later