- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Registered Nurse - Infection Preventionist - Outpatient Clinics
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0209256B
Are you ready to bring your Clinical Quality experience and competencies to a world-renowned Medical Group? Do you have a passion for the highest standards and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is committed to helping primary care and specialist physicians provide excellent care to all their patients, who benefit from convenient access to primary and specialty care physicians and seamless coordination of care between them. As a part of Cedars-Sinai, our physicians and staff are partners in quality health care from a medical center that is consistently recognized as one of the finest hospitals in the country. For the 8th consecutive year, we have been named one of the top 20 physicians groups in Southern California by Integrated Healthcare Associates (IHA).
As our next Infection Prevention/Control Specialist, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining a system for prevention, surveillance, investigation and control of infections within the our physician’s offices throughout Los Angeles.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Develops and maintains infection control policies and procedures appropriate for the services provided by the facility and based upon evidence-based guidelines, regulations and standards
- Performs surveillance of infections throughout the designated Cedars-Sinai Medical Network facilities and reports findings
- Routinely surveys or audits designated practices to monitor compliance and to ensure competency and adherence to standard infection control practices, policies and procedures
- Acts as a liaison with the Public Health Department
- Provides job or task infection prevention education and training upon orientation and as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Microbiology, Epidemiology, or Bacteriology required
- Master's Degree in Nursing or other related field preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control preferred
- A minimum of two years of Infection Control experience in an ambulatory/outpatient setting required; hospital experience will be considered
- Infection Prevention and/or Epidemiology experience preferred
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Infection Preventionist - Outpatient Clinics
- Department: Nursing Clinical Support
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Patient Safety
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map