Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Clinic Supervisor - 8-Hour Day Shift
Beverly Hills, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0629543
The Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is committed to helping primary care and specialist physicians provide excellent care to all their patients, who benefit from convenient access to primary and specialty care physicians and seamless coordination of care between them. As a part of Cedars-Sinai, our physicians and staff are partners in quality health care from a medical center that is consistently recognized as one of the finest hospitals in the country. For the 8th consecutive year, we have been named one of the top 20 physicians groups in Southern California by Integrated Healthcare Associates (IHA).
As a Clinical Operations Supervisor, you will directly supervise back office (LVN, Medical Assistant and Radiology Tech) personnel, and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. We are seeking an experienced RN to be responsible for supervising the clinical staff and clinical operations of a Cedars-Sinai Medical Group office by performing the following duties personally or through assigned personnel.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Interviewing, hiring, and training new employees
- Planning, assigning, directing work and determining work hours
- Appraising performance and assist in staff development
- Rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing patient, physician, and staff concerns and resolving problems accordingly
- Managing payroll, monitoring employees’ accruals and time off, and overtime usage
- Ensuring a safe environment for staff and patients; participate in organization’s safety committee and implement recommendations as required
- Understanding and enforcing the organization’s patient care standards and requirements, including areas such as safety and quality assurance as is appropriate
- Manage the physician and nurse’s schedules to provide quality care and services, recommending schedule improvements as needed
- Assist Senior Management with the monitoring of performance measures and designing methods for improving the quality of care and service delivered in our physician practices
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- A minimum of 3 years of nursing experience in an outpatient setting required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office required
- Working Title: Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Clinic Supervisor - 8-Hour Day Shift
- Department: Operations
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus