- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Physician Billing Coordinator III - Billing ServicesRequisition # 19001922 Apply Now
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
1. Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with Cedars-Sinai Clinical Departments you support. Serves as liaison between Physician Billing Services, Patients and Clinical Departments in the coordination of billing and reimbursement. Serves as a resource for information on billing feedback.
2. Make recommendations for improved operational processes so that billing information is received from client groups in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Utilizes computerized equipment to receive various medical reports.
4. Maintain current CPT and ICD-10 knowledge of assigned areas so that coding remains current.
5. May input some charges into Epic Billing and Accounts Receivable system.
6. Verifies some insurance eligibility Make appropriate adjustments to respective patient’s accounts. When applicable, accept patient payments.
7. Works as a billing liaison between the patient and office.
8. Assists with identification and development of appropriate coding for new services and procedures provided by clinicians.
9. Identifies coding deficiencies with review of medical records and financial accounts and recommended corrective action to improve third-party reimbursement and minimize audit liability.
10. Coordinates the review of medical records and financial accounts with coding department and providers to maximize reimbursement for procedures performed.
11. Keeps apprised of rules and regulations affecting coding and reimbursement through appropriate Resources.
12. Attends meetings and participates in group problem solving.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent required.
CPC certification preferred.
Five (5) years experience in an professional surgical billing setting with knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 CM coding systems. Knowledge of physician billing practices for a non-par/cash practice along with third party reimbursement guidelines and adjudication systems. Prior experience in Plastic Surgery billing a plus. Must be a self starter, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to provide top notch customer service. Prior Epic experience also a plus.
- Working Title: Physician Billing Coordinator III - Billing Services
- Department: MNS Billing Svc
- Business Entity: Medical Network
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Patient Financial Services
- Job Specialty: Patient Billing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map