Pharmacy Technician - Medical Network FoundationRequisition # 20000179 Apply Now
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
What will you be doing in this role?
The Pharmacy Technician at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Network Foundation supports the physician and clinical staff offices in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks in the area of pharmaceutical supplies and services.
- You will assist in overseeing appropriate use of Pyxis
- Provides training to all nursing staff on the appropriate use of Pyxis
- Ensures staff is properly signing out medications and all medications are accounted for.
- Restocking appropriate medications into Pyxis as par levels decrease.
- Performs inventory of medications in Pyxis on a weekly basis.
- Checks for expired medications on a monthly basis
- Sends expired medications back to manufacturer/vendor, if applicable.
- Assures all refrigeration temperatures are in range
- Generates various reports from Pyxis on a daily/weekly/monthly basis depending on the report
- Facilitates Injectable Medication Authorization process
- Educates and reinforces office staff regarding the completion of the injectable medication referral form.
- Assists Pharmacy Buyer with Medication Purchasing (if necessary)
- Creates POs for all medications to be purchased in Peoplesoft
- Procures medications from appropriate vendor based on established or projected inventory needs for all medical group office locations.
- Verifies accuracy of medications received and conducts follow-up when problems are identified.
- Performs weekly audits of vendor invoices to ensure company is billed at the contract price.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- CA Pharmacy Technician License
- Requires valid California driver's license and proof of current automobile insurance to stock pyxis machines at our outpatient clinics (may potentially drive to any medical group office (Beverly Hills to South Coast to San Fernando Valley)
What will you be doing in this role?
Minimum of 3-5 years related experience in a medical office setting; knowledge of medications including injectables, working knowledge of medical terminology; computer literate to perform basic data entry (knowledge of Excel spreadsheets preferred); proven team player with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Working Title: Pharmacy Technician - Medical Network Foundation
- Department: Medical Services
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map