- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Pharmacy Support SpecialistRequisition # M12185 Apply Now
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the Pharmacy Refill Center, CSMG pharmacists, CSMG primary care physicians, and other physicians as directed by preparing prescription refill requests (both protocol and non-protocol) in CS-Link for review and approval/denial by the pharmacists working under protocol on behalf of the physicians and/or by the physicians;
• Receive refill requests and enter refill requests into CS-Link for authorization review;
• Conduct chart or laboratory searches as necessary and transcribe relevant information to the refill encounter;
• Communicate pertinent information to pharmacist and/or prescribing physician;
• Ensure that each refill request is documented in the patient’s chart;
• Follow up on opened electronic refill requests in CS-Link to ensure that requests are resolved in a timely manner. Close opened electronic refill requests if the request has been resolved;
• Monitor and respond to e-mail and electronic medical record inbox/in-baskets messages and other communications in a timely manner throughout the work day;
• Resolve pharmacy conflicts on behalf of the CSMG physician;
• Assist in obtaining prior authorizations from insurance plans;
• Record results for month-end reports;
• Assist with data management as necessary;
• Assist with chart reviews for Drug Utilization Evaluation (DUE) studies;
• Assist with organizing DUE data by creating Excel spreadsheets and charts;
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• High school diploma
• Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the California Board of Pharmacy preferred;
• Two years experience as a pharmacy technician in a retail pharmacy or outpatient pharmacy department, or equivalent education and experience;
• Ability to interact effectively and appropriately via telephone, electronic communication, and in person with medical, clinical, and administrative staff;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to act professionally at all times
• Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each internal and external customer;
• Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision, yet able to recognize when it is appropriate to seek assistance;
• Basic computer proficiency including Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
• Ability to operate fax machine, photocopier, printer;
• Ability to keep accurate records and pay close attention to detail;
• Ability to accurately perform calculations involving ratios, proportions and percentages;
• Ability to travel, and in possession of reliable transportation inclusive of a current, valid California Driver's License and automobile insurance (collision and casualty);
• Knowledge of main medication classes and most common medications in those classes;
• Knowledge of medical/pharmacy terminology.
SKILLS AND SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE
• Drug names (trade and generic)
• Latin and chemical abbreviations
• Regulations pertaining to the dispensing of medications
• How to determine storage conditions for pharmaceuticals
• How to determine a drug’s formulary status
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• This position may sit, speak or listen, use hands repetitively, and/or reach with arms on a regular basis.
• This position may also stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl occasionally.
• This position may occasionally require the lifting of up to 25 pounds.
• Moderate noise is typical for this work environment (example: typical business office with printers and phones).
- Working Title: Pharmacy Support Specialist
- Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0106000 - Medical Services
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: None
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map