When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
As a Pharmacy Operations Supervisor at our Cedars-Sinai Medical Network, you will provide leadership for clinical pharmacy programs at Cedars-Sinai Medical Network. In collaboration with the Director of Pharmacy Operations, the supervisor will lead and monitor all drug therapy management programs, including staffing, personnel performance, productivity, patient satisfaction, and quality of care. The position will ensure the clinical pharmacy staff are providing safe, effective and appropriate medication therapies. In addition, the supervisor is responsible for overseeing the resident and student programs.
What's this role all about?
- Provide supervision, guidance and professional growth and development of the clinical pharmacists, residents, and students through timely and constructive feedback; issue corrective action when necessary;
- Responsible for timely completion of Performance Reviews and ensuring clinical competency is maintained;
- Ensure pharmacists receive ongoing training that will improve and strengthen delivery of drug therapy management programs;
- Assure compliance with Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundationpharmacy programs policies and procedures;
- Assess daily clinical schedules of all providers to ensure efficiency and access are met, oversight for colleague time away, overtime work, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed;
- Support clinical and financial performance through coordination of clinical pharmacist involvement in programs aimed at improving cost-effective medication use and improved quality of care;
- Oversee and participate in daily engagement activities such as huddles, observations/Gemba, training, and stability checks ensuring standard work is being followed
- Dyad partnership with Operations Supervisor and Tier 1 physicians for escalating issues/concerns;
- Participate as a preceptor in the ambulatory learning experiences for the PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency in an ambulatory care setting and student programs;
- Participate in multidisciplinary committees/meetings as needed;
- Evaluate data that measures the efficiency and efficacy of clinical pharmacy programs and lead process improvement initiatives accordingly;
- In collaboration with the Director of Pharmacy Operations, establish goals for the department and develop tactics to meet those goals.
- Participate in various quality efforts, such as Pay For Performance and patient satisfaction;
- Pharmacy IT; serves as subject matter expert related to using CS-Link for drug therapy management programs.
- Support drug therapy management programs focused on optimizing patients’ therapeutic outcomes and patient satisfaction;
- Providing ambulatory pharmaceutical care services using approved drug therapy management protocols in collaboration with physicians. Includes medication therapy management and providing patient education;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (Pharm.D.)
- Current California Pharmacist license required
- Completion of postgraduate residency or fellowship training (preferably in ambulatory/primary care)
- American Heart Association (AHA) approved Basic Life Support (BLS) certification must be obtained within the probationary period
What else are we looking for?
- Three years of experience in the delivery of primary care pharmacy services, leadership experience preferred
- Highly prefer a candidate with ambulatory care background
- Working Title: Pharmacy Operations Supervisor - Medical Network
- Department: Medical Services
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later