Pharmacist - Oncology - Per DiemRequisition # 19004787 Apply Now
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Department of Pharmacy has over approximately 400 staff members who provide comprehensive inpatient pharmacy services as well as outpatient services via 2 cancer centers and 3 outpatient pharmacies. The Department of Pharmacy is committed to the education and training of pharmacists, students/interns, residents, technicians, and other health care professionals. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (CSMC) is affiliated with several Schools of Pharmacy and offers PGY1 and PGY2 residency programs. The residency and student experiential programs at CSMC continue to grow with every successive year, where nearly 100 residents have graduated from the PGY1 pharmacy residency program since 1985 and more than 200 student rotations are offered at CSMC annually. Recently, CSMC was recognized and bestowed “Site of the Year” awards by two major affiliated CA Schools of Pharmacy for providing an exceptional experiential learning environment for their students.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
As a per diem Oncology Outpatient Pharmacist at Cedars-Sinai Tower Hematology Oncology Medical Center, you will be providing comprehensive direct patient care to leukemia, lymphoma, and other cancer patients. You will assist with management of adult patients, including: oral chemotherapy management, therapeutic drug monitoring; approved pharmacy managed protocols; review of chemotherapy orders; and provision of drug information and optimizing drug therapy. You will provide patient education and follow up to the growing oral chemotherapy specialty pharmacy program.
Per Diem Oncology Pharmacist may work remotely from home providing patient education and follow up to oral chemotherapy pharmacy patients.
- Pharm.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited school of pharmacy in the USA.
- Completion of a PGY1 residency or equivalent practice experience. PGY2 in oncology is highly preferred.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the State of California.
- ACLS or BLS certification as outlined in the Pharmacist Responsibilities in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(C.P.R.) and Code Blue Procedure: Pharmacy Policy and Procedure
- Have the Ability to comprehend patient medical management plans
- Ability to assess and apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principles for the selection and use of drug products in a clinical setting to meet the therapeutic needs of a patient
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the medical management plan
- Possess the verbal and written communication skills required to fulfill the responsibilities of staff pharmacist
- Ability to teach and/or serve as a preceptor for training programs
- Ability to participate in medical emergencies.
- You will have the ability to prepare drugs for administration and to give advice on IV drug stabilities, compatibilities, usage, and administration
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards relative to Pharmacy Practice
- Ability adapt to and prioritize workflow
- You will have the ability to supervise technicians
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of automated information systems in daily practice
- Demonstrated competency in techniques of sterile manufacturing, pharmaceutical calculations, compounding and pharmacokinetics
- Working Title: Pharmacist - Oncology - Per Diem
- Department: THO-Pharmacy
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map