When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
As a Clinical Pharmacist at our Cedars-Sinai Medical Network, you will be responsible for providing clinical pharmacy services in all pharmacist-managed programs at Cedars-Sinai Medical Network and ensuring patient safety and the highest quality of care is delivered.
What's this role all about?
- Providing therapeutic recommendations and answering medication and patient-related questions from other healthcare providers
- Identifies, resolves, and prevents potential and actual medication-related problems including untreated indications, improper drug selection, sub-therapeutic dosage, overdosage, failure to receive medication, adverse drug reactions, drug interactions, and medications without indication
- Provide patients’ and other healthcare providers with education on medication use, side effects, and drug interactions when appropriate
- Communicate with physicians and pharmacists to recommend changes in medication therapy to optimize patient outcomes (i.e. labs not at goal, discontinuation of medication)
- Support the process of completing medication prior authorizations as needed
- Thorough documentation of patient progress and outcomes for future reporting
- Assures ongoing performance improvement of the pharmaceutical care services provided
- Providing physician education through presentations and "Pharmacy Hot Topics" CSMG internal monthly newsletter
- Training pharmacy residents and students rotating through CSMG
- Actively participate in meetings within the department.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current California Pharmacist license required
- Basic Life Support
What else are we looking for?
- Must have completed PGY1 or PGY2 pharmacy residency or equivalent (2-3 years) clinical experience
- Ambulatory Care Pharmacy experience highly preferred
- Working Title: Pharmacist - Medical Network
- Department: CSMCF ACO
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later