Pharmacist - Medical Care FoundationRequisition # 19005165 Apply Now
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
The Clinical Pharmacist at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Foundation is responsible for providing clinical pharmacy services in all pharmacist-managed programs at Cedars-Sinai Medical Group (CSMG) for CSMG and CSHA (Cedars-Sinai Health Associate) providers and patients as well as precepting pharmacy residents and students.
- Evaluation of drug therapies, development of treatment plans, initiation, titration/tapering and discontinuation of medications under protocol, ordering necessary lab tests under protocol, patient education and follow-up. Current existing pharmacist-managed programs include: asthma, dyslipidemia, hypertension, smoking cessation, polypharmacy, hepatitis C, diabetes, travel medicine, and anticoagulation.
- Verification of medications and orders and educating patients in CSMG injection center.
- You will participation in patient medication therapy management in Pay for Performance initiatives.
- Documentation of patient progress and outcomes for future reporting.
- You will provide therapeutic recommendations and answering medication and patient -related questions from other healthcare providers.
- Providing instruction to patients through health education classes and other patient seminars.
- Providing physician education through presentations and “Pharmacy Hot Topics” CSMG internal monthly newsletter.
- You will assist training pharmacy residents and students rotating through CSMG.
- Active participation in electronic medical records updates and new developments as pertaining to medications.
- You will collaborate with pharmacy technicians in resolving Pyxis units discrepancies through CSMG medical offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree required.
ASHP accredited PGY1 residency in ambulatory care or equivalent experience preferred.
Current California Pharmacist license required
Ambulatory experience preferred, pain management experience preferred. Travel Medicine experience preferred
- Working Title: Pharmacist - Medical Care Foundation
- Department: CSMCF ACO
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Pharmacy
- Job Specialty: Pharmacy
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map