- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Pediatrics Medical Assistant IIRequisition # 18001174 Apply Now
The Medical Assistant supports the physician and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greet patients.
2. Manages patient care flow.
3. Prepare patients for provider by reviewing current medications and record in medical record.
4. Take appropriate vital signs and record in medical record.
5. Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
6. Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
7. Perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by provider.
8. Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider.
9. Administer immunization, injections, or oral medications as directed by provider.
10. Use PRN/Smart Talk systems to convey lab results to patients as defined by provider.
11. Assist in follow-up scheduling needs.
12. Answer patient calls in timely fashion.
13. Prepare charts as needed.
14. Ability to understand and assist two or more providers with clinical care.
15. Handles all designated clinical care telephone interactions with provider input.
16. Communicates all significant clinical findings to MD.
17. Serves as an advocate for patient and utilizes appropriate resources.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from accredited California Medical Assistant school; have national certification as Medical Assistant ; or documented equivalent military experience or training
- 2 - 5 years of years Pediatric experience in outpatient medical setting preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Must have or obtain AHA Healthcare Provider certification after employment.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Understands and is able to support patient care flow
- Ability to prepare patient for office visit/procedures
- Obtain vital signs and accurately record data
- Obtain and record current medications that patient is using
- Perform basic testing, specimen collection and prepare lab work/specimens for pick up
- Understands the 7 rights of medication administration
- Understanding of principles of cleaning, sterilization or autoclaving
- Ability to assist 2 or more providers in clinical care
- Recognizes potential patient safety issues
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignments
- Basic understanding of insurance concepts
- Ability to schedule patient appointments for phlebotomy, testing or other procedures
- Basic knowledge and skills necessary to transcribe patient care as directed by a physician in a legible, clear manner including:
- Proficiency in typing, spelling, punctuation and grammar of medical terminology.
- Understand medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments to the extent required to accurately transcribe physician encounters.
- Working Title: Pediatrics Medical Assistant II
- Department: Peds - Wilshire
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Days: 0110000-Peds - Wilshire
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map