- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Patient Service Representative IIRequisition # M12067 Apply Now
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greet patients.
2. Collect co-payments/give receipts/reconcile payments/batch fee tickets.
3. Prepare charts.
4. Review patient demographics and insurance information.
5. Perform/update demographics and insurance registration.
6. Collect co-pay/insurance cards, copying required information.
7. Manage patient flow.
8. Maintain waiting rooms.
9. Schedule first available appointments.
10. Take voice mail messages off phones and direct appropriately.
11. Answer and triage calls, directing to appropriate individuals or departments.
12. Handle all telephone interactions.
13. Perform check-in and check-out functions.
14. Process and track referrals.
15. Handle patient/MD correspondence.
16. Manage all MD requests.
17. Schedule patients with ancillary and specialty providers.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 2-5 years experience preferred.
3. Basic computer experience.
4. Proven customer service skills.
5. Experience with heavy phone volume.
6. Ability to prioritize.
7. Advanced knowledge of medical terminology and insurance concepts (ability to problem solve and assist patients).
8. Ability to schedule using summary search.
9. Be able to differentiate between CSMG & CSHA, HMO, PPO, and POS; be able to follow P&P accordingly.
- Working Title: Patient Service Representative II
- Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0108500 - Wil-Rob IM
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative Assistant
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 9:00a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map