- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Ophthalmic Assistant - Vision CenterRequisition # HRC0343096 Apply Now
The Ophthalmic Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of administrative and clinical functions to include scheduling and greeting patients; scheduling surgeries; performing diagnostic and eye function tests including clinical optics, ocular motility, visual fields, keratometry, topography, A –Scans, and Schirmer test; assisting with office surgical procedures; administering topical medications or diagnostic drugs as required by the ophthalmologist for testing or treatment. Record accurate charting and other office procedures. Assist ophthalmologist and/or optometrist with office patient procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fit prescription lenses;
- Prepare patients for examinations;
- Take patient history and other preliminary patient data;
- Perform simple non-invasive testing of visual acuity, pupils and ocular motility;
- Perform automated visual field testing;
- Perform ophthalmic photography and digital imaging;
- Perform tonometry and lensometry
- Perform non-subjective auto refraction (where the ophthalmologist or optometrist performs
- subjective refraction);
- Administer cycloplegiacs, mydriatics, and topical anesthetics that are not controlled substances
- Perform pachymetry, keratometry, A scans, B scans, and electrodiagnostic testing.
- Environmental cleaning and disinfection of clinical areas
Successful completion of an accredited program for Ophthalmic Assistant/ Technician or Medical Assistant preferred and one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
BLS Certification required.
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant designation preferred.
One year of related experience and/or training
- Working Title: Ophthalmic Assistant - Vision Center
- Department: Vision Center
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Imaging
- Job Specialty: Diagnostic Imaging
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map