- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Clinical Operations ManagerRequisition # 19000547 Apply Now
The Operations Manager is responsible for the daily oversight of the administrative and clinical operations of assigned practices, sites, departments and/or programs to meet the needs of physicians, patients and staff and support the mission and vision of Cedars-Sinai Health System and Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation. The Operations Manager has budgetary responsibility for assigned areas, functions as key liaison with physicians and staff, promotes the productive growth and operational structure of each functional area, supports employee growth and development, actively mentors staff in the building of cohesive patient care teams with physicians as well as extended care team members and departments, participates in strategic planning and business development for areas of oversight and functions as an advocate for the needs of patients. The Operations Manager promotes the consistent enactment of the values of the health system and the Foundation and ensures a steady focus on the needs of patients, physicians and staff.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees classified in this job. Other/additional duties may be assigned.
• Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, professional and regulatory agency standards and licensure requirements. Maintains staff compliance with health system and Foundation policies, procedures and protocols.
• Understands and supports the business requirements and fiscal structure of the Foundation, including patient assignment, risk and specialty network structures, and utilization management. Functions as key resource for staff and physicians in support of these requirements.
• Assumes fiscal responsibility for areas of oversight, including budget preparation, expense control and revenue enhancement. Assumes responsibility for monitoring and responding proactively to fluctuations in productivity, physician or patient schedules, changes in reimbursement and/or health plan requirements and environment. In collaboration with Executive Director, develops business and operations plans for assigned areas, programs and services.
• Understands and supports the business requirements and fiscal structure of the Foundation, including patient assignment, risk and specialty network structures, and utilization management. Functions as key resource for staff and physicians in the support of these requirements.
• In collaboration with executive director and medical leadership, establishes effective patient care processes and workflows. Develops and supports policies and procedures that support the provision of quality and timely patient care services. Ensures appropriate physician, locum, physician extender, technician and staff coverage for all areas. Participates in the evaluation and review of all human resources and communicates issues appropriately.
• Maintains appropriate quality control programs and partners proactively with risk, quality and clinical services departments to ensure continuous monitoring and improvement in provision of clinical services.
• Functions as key resource for staff and physicians in utilization of key information systems and technologies. Assumes responsibility as practice liaison for the resolution of system related issues, identification of opportunities for improvement and implementation of key systems and system and workflow enhancements.
• Supervises all employees in areas of oversight, including administrative, clinical, technician and health information staff. In conjunction with executive and medical leadership, provides direct supervision of physician extenders. Assesses qualifications and hires candidates, assumes responsibility for the assessment and improvement of competencies, work assignments and schedules, orienting, coaching, training, in-services, performance evaluation, compensation, mentoring, discipline and terminating employment. Partners with appropriate departments in the necessary execution of these duties (e.g. clinical services, risk, quality, human resources).
• Functions as a key manager of the CSMCF operations management team to promote collaborative teamwork, cross-training and flexing of staff across operational areas, open communication and problem solving to ensure effective coordination and integration of services between operational areas and programs.
• Effectively manages staff and materials throughout areas of oversight, including the development of effective short and long-term staffing plans, cross-training of staff where appropriate and effective and oversight and management of productivity. Makes recommendations for effective staff and space utilization. Ensures areas of responsibility are responsibly and effectively structured and supported to ensure physician productivity and to provide a strong foundation for staff and patient satisfaction. Takes appropriate steps to ensure appropriate daily staffing of all areas of responsibility, including volunteering of services when qualified in situations of inappropriately lean staffing. Ensures own knowledge of staff processes to facilitate all necessary human resources efforts. Participates in selecting outside sources for needed services and provides review and oversight for those services.
• Participates in the design and supports the operational implementation of organizational restructuring, new workflows, processes, programs and technologies.
• Maintains strong partnership and collaborative communication across department areas of the Foundation and with associated service departments of the Cedars-Sinai Medical Delivery Network. Serves as liaison for areas of operational responsibility with facilities management, patient billing, utilization management, quality, risk, human resources and payroll.
• Demonstrates behavior that supports the mission, vision and values of the health system and the Foundation. Demonstrates ability to effectively and consistently communicate vision and values throughout all levels of areas of responsibility and organization.
• Communicates and models high standards of professional, responsible, accountable and ethical behavior.
• Promotes an organizational focus by establishing goals consistent with organizational goals, facilitating collaboration and coordination for cross-departmental problem solving and supporting new concepts that enhance the functioning of operations.
• Demonstrates daily leadership, in particular an ability to navigate change, identify opportunities for improvement and function as a role model. Actively participates in initiatives to enhance the performance and stature of the organization. Demonstrates an ability to identify and effectively communicate benefits of organizational initiatives.
• Demonstrates ability to effectively lead through the development of strong physician, staff and colleague relationships. Assumes responsibility for understanding and representing the needs of constituency and for negotiating effective partnership between organization needs and needs of constituents in areas of responsibility.
• Serves as a role model for areas of responsibility and for the organization, demonstrating the organizational values of teamwork, participatory leadership and proactive problem-solving and communication. Provides a consistent and meaningful focus on customer service and functions as an effective mentor for staff and physicians in the provision of excellent customer service. Functions as an advocate for all patients and their needs.
• Promotes and maintains a positive work environment with an open, communicative and collaborative approach that supports staff development, ensures employees’ ability to contribute and supports organizational values of fairness and consistency.
• Supports the ongoing development of teamwork by personally demonstrating those values and sharing resources, information and ideas. Contributes to the effective functioning of the organization by willingly taking on new assignments as requested and by volunteering for additional assignments as the need arises.
• Makes effective decisions that reflect clear and logical thinking.
• Demonstrates flexibility in examining and implementing new approaches in response to changing organizational objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, three or more years medical office experience, preferably in a multi-specialty medical group setting, previous medical office management and/or supervisory experience, or equivalent education and experience.
• Proven ability to lead and manage people, including selecting, developing, motivating and retaining.
• Fiscal management skills and proven ability to prepare, monitor and control budgetary expenses and generate increased productivity and revenues.
• Ability to promote effective collaboration and teamwork across organizational units.
• Knowledge of regulatory, reimbursement, legal and policy issues as they relate to operational management.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven track record with customer service, training, and ability to motivate others to effect positive change.
• Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office, IDX, CS-Link or other computerized practice management and EMR systems.
• Physical ability and perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect operational functions.
- Working Title: Clinical Operations Manager
- Department: MNS - Managed Care
- Business Entity: Medical Network
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Clinical Operations
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map