Cedars-Sinai was awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year which is an award that recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We also have a great benefits package and competitive compensation which explains why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding employee benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
A Little More About What You Will be Doing
As a member of the patient care team, the Medical Assistant is responsible for positive patient relations, proper telephone communication, verification of patient information by interviewing patient and confirming purpose of visit. Responsibilities also include preparing the patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking blood pressure, weight, temperature, and reporting patient history summary.
This position will also be trained and will be responsible for appointment scheduling, performing routine duties associated with the collection and maintenance of current patient demographics and insurance information.
- Greets patients, take appropriate vital signs, review current medications and record in medical record
- Assists with tracking and monitoring department specific data
- Explains policies, procedures, or services to patients using clinical or administrative knowledge, based on scope of practice
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs
- Manages patient care flow and assist with monitoring CS-Link message pools and standard work
- Cleans/re-processes equipment and supplies based on standard work and department guidelines
- High school diploma or GED required
- Graduation from accredited Medical Assisting from an accredited educational program and/or Medical Assistant Certification from Board approved Medical Assistant Organization
- 2 years of experience working as a Medical Assistant in an outpatient clinical/medical office setting preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Medical Assistant certification and/or diploma required
Working Title:Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine
Business Entity:Medical Network Foundation
Job Category:,Clinical Operations,Clinical Operations
Job Specialty:Clinical Operations
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later