- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
LVN - RheumatologyRequisition # 19001751 Apply Now
Every Skill, Every Effort, Everything We Have
Are you passionate about helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you want to be a part of something greater? To get exposure to many different disciplines while making a positive impact on the lives of a diverse patient population? At Cedars-Sinai you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible – for yourself and for others. You will support the physicians and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of medically related tasks.
The LVN supports the physician and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing patient care assessments, and a variety of medically related tasks. The LVN is a licensed nurse who works in an ambulatory care setting to perform and provide nursing services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet patients and provide an initial nursing evaluation.
- Manages patient care flow and takes a leadership role within the suite.
- Prepare patients for provider by reviewing current medications and record in medical record.
- Take appropriate vital signs and record in medical record.
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
- Perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by provider.
- Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider.
- Administer immunization, injections, oral or IV medications as directed by provider.
- Use PRN/Smart Talk systems to convey lab results to patients as defined by provider.
- Assist in follow-up scheduling needs.
- Answer patient calls in timely fashion.
- Prepare charts as needed, including filing into appropriate sections of medical record and assures that all pertinent items are available to provider before patient care commences.
- Handles all designated clinical care telephone interactions with provider input.
- Communicates all significant clinical findings to MD.
- Serves as an advocate for patient and utilizes appropriate resources.
- Acts as a role model in providing care; precepts new staff.
- Provide orientation and training for new clinical staff.
- Recommend areas of improvement.
- Serves as liaison with other departments, facilities, and hospital.
- Assess workflow of suite MA and schedule accordingly, covering absences, illnesses, and breaks.
- Provide review of MA skills and performance abilities using designated evaluation tools.
- Counsel and provide corrective actions as needed with input from Lead Nurse.
- Train MA staff about systems needed to perform current job duties, including, but not limited to scheduling systems, PRN/Smart Talk systems, lab results systems.
- Graduate from accredited school of nursing
- Current and valid California LVN License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification from the American Heart Association
- Phlebotomy certified.
- IV certified.
- 5 or more years of experience in outpatient medical setting preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills preferred.
- Proven customer service and patient care skills.
- Understanding of patient care flow and insurance concepts.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays.
- Ability to prepare patient for office visit/procedures.
- Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately document and record significant data.
- Ability to correctly prepare lab work/specimens for pick up.
- Ability to perform designated testing and specimen collection.
- Understanding of cleaning, sterilization of autoclaving procedures.
- Ability to determine current medications that patient is using and record accurately.
- Basic understanding of pharmacology and medication administration including oral, SQ, IM and IV medications.
- Basic ability to perform and record QC testing on designated equipment.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to schedule "nurse visits" for phlebotomy, testing or other procedures.
- Ability to handle provider correspondence and communications as related to clinical care.
- Working Title: LVN - Rheumatology
- Department: Rheumatology
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map