Licensed Vocational Nurse - Urgent Care
Beverly Hills, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0472721
The LVN supports the physician and nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing patient care assessments, and a variety of medically related tasks. The LVN is a licensed nurse who works in an ambulatory care setting to perform and provide nursing services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
1. Greet patients and provide an initial nursing evaluation.
2. Manages patient care flow and takes a leadership role within the suite.
3. Prepare patients for provider by reviewing current medications and record in medical record.
4. Take appropriate vital signs and record in medical record.
5. Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
6. Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
7. Perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by provider.
8. Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed by provider.
9. Administer immunization, injections, oral or IV medications as directed by provider.
10. Use PRN/Smart Talk systems to convey lab results to patients as defined by provider.
11. Assist in follow-up scheduling needs.
12. Answer patient calls in timely fashion.
13. Prepare charts as needed, including filing into appropriate sections of medical record and assures that all pertinent items are available to provider before patient care commences.
14. Ability to understand and assist two or more providers with clinical care.
15. Handles all designated clinical care telephone interactions with provider input.
16. Communicates all significant clinical findings to MD.
17. Serves as an advocate for patient and utilizes appropriate resources.
18. Acts as a role model in providing care; precepts new staff.
19. Provide orientation and training for new clinical staff.
20. Recommend areas of improvement.
21. Serves as liaison with other departments, facilities, and hospital.
22. Assess workflow of suite MA and schedule accordingly, covering absences, illnesses, and breaks.
23. Provide review of MA skills and performance abilities using designated evaluation tools.
24. Counsel and provide corrective actions as needed with input from Lead Nurse.
25. Train MA staff about systems needed to perform current job duties, including, but not limited to scheduling systems, PRN/Smart Talk systems, lab results systems.
26. Provide assistance in QA/QC measures for suites.
27. If requested, function as a scribe:
a. Accompany the physician during the patient encounter.
b. Transcribe the physician dictated patient history, including history of present illness,
review of systems, past medical, surgical, family and social histories, medication and allergies.
c. Transcribe the physical examination findings and procedures as performed by the physician.
d. Transcribe the results of laboratory and radiographic studies as directed by the physician.
e. Transcribe patient education and explanations of risks and benefits as performed by the physician.
f. Pend orders for referrals, tests, medications and procedures as directed by the physician.
g. Prepare and edit scribed document for physician review and signature.
- Graduate of an accredited LVN Program.
- Current California LVN licensure.
- IV Therapy & Blood Withdrawal Certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from AHA (American Heart Association and/or American Red Cross).
- Five (5) or more years of Internal Medicine experience in outpatient preferred
- Proven customer service and patient care skills.
- Understanding of patient care flow and insurance concepts.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays.
- Ability to prepare patient for office visit/procedures.
- Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately document and record significant data.
- Ability to correctly prepare lab work/specimens for pick up.
- Ability to perform designated testing and specimen collection.
- Understanding of cleaning, sterilization of autoclaving procedures.
- Ability to determine current medications that patient is using and record accurately.
- Basic understanding of pharmacology and medication administration including oral, SQ, IM and IV medications.
- Basic ability to perform and record QC testing on designated equipment.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Working Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse - Urgent Care
- Department: Urgent Care
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus