Clinical Trial Finance Analyst II - Pre AwardRequisition # 18002512 Apply Now
Cancer Research Breakthroughs Begin with Employees Just Like You
Join Cedars-Sinai and become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements. Work alongside physician-scientists and researchers who are making life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs. Our researchers develop some of the most advanced clinical trials in the world. Here, you will be a part of leading-edge cancer research history that improves our cancer patients' treatment options, one trial at a time.
Do you have a passion for helping human kind?
As the Clinical Trial Finance Analyst II , you will develop clinical trial budgets sponsored by industry, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and investigator-initiated clinical research. This role critically evaluates research protocols to assess resource needs; assessment includes all research procedures, clinical research staff time, investigator time, and costs from ancillary departments. Determines cost allocation, negotiates budgets, details budgets, and assist with invoicing for study/trial. May plan and coordinate strategies for improving efficiency, action plans to improve quality, and training and education of personnel. Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
The Clinical Trial Finance Analyst II, in addition will perform the following duties:
- Perform Medicare Coverage Analysis (MCA) for clinical trials sponsored by industry and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as well as investigator-initiated clinical research.
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator and the clinical team, determines whether research procedures in the protocol are standard-of-care or a research-related cost in order to correctly classify expenses.
- Collaborate with the MCA Analyst and Institutional Review Board to finalize and obtain MCA approval
- Develop study budgets for clinical trials sponsored by industry and the NIH as well as investigator-initiated clinical research
- Critically evaluate research protocols to assess resources needed; assessment includes all research procedures, clinical research staff time, investigator time, and costs from ancillary departments
- Work closely with investigators and ancillary departments to obtain accurate budget details
- Work with the CSMC office of Sponsored Research to develop final budgets for clinical trials and research projects
- Negotiates budgets and payment terms with Sponsors
- Completes the OnCore Financial Console for studies managed via OnCore
- In collaboration with the OnCore Specialists, review and finalize study calendars to ensure agreement with MCA and study budget.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law
- May assist with invoicing sponsors, patient research billing, reimbursement to ancillary departments, and payment tracking.
- May provide training and education of other personnel and supervise other budget coordinators.
- May plan and coordinate strategies to improve existing standard operating procedures related to budgeting and clinical trials finance.
- May identify quality and performance improvement opportunities and collaborate with staff in the development of action plans to improve quality.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
Education Requirements:High School Diploma/GED, requiredBachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or other related degree, preferred
High School Diploma/GED, required
Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or other related degree, preferred
Specialty research certification preferred
Experience:Minimum of five (5) years of experience with billing, accounting, finance, budgeting, financial analysis or related field
Minimum of three (3) years of experience with clinical research pre/post grant and contract funding
- Working Title: Clinical Trial Finance Analyst II - Pre Award
- Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map