- Information Technology
- Medical Network
Clinical Research Finance Analyst III - Pre Award (Remote Work for California Residents)Requisition # 20002856A Apply Now
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Cedars-Sinai Cancer is committed to pursuing pioneering research into disease mechanism, diagnostic innovations and new technologies and resources. Through our historic achievements, growing research enterprise, and serving one of the most diverse regions in the world, our physicians and scientists are uniquely positioned to guide the next generation of progress against the disease.
Join our team and use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer research.
The Cancer Clinical Trials Office is looking for a Clinical Research Finance Analyst III to develop clinical trial budgets sponsored by industry, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and investigator-initiated clinical research. This role critically evaluates research protocols to assess resource needs; assessment includes all research procedures, clinical research staff time, investigator time, and costs from ancillary departments. Determines cost allocation, negotiates budgets and details budgets. Oversees invoicing for study/trial and payment processing for satellite sites. Plans and coordinates strategies for improving efficiency, action plans to improve quality, and training and education of personnel. Participates in centralized activities of the department or institution. Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
In addition, the Clinical Research Finance Analyst III will be responsible for the following:
- The Clinical Research Finance Analyst III will be the Pre-Award Lead for the team and the Rapid Activation Specialist
- Develops clinical trial budgets sponsored by industry and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as well as investigator-initiated clinical research.
- Critically evaluates research protocols to assess resource needs; assessment includes all research procedures, clinical research staff time, investigator time, and costs from ancillary departments.
- Determines whether research procedures in the protocol are standard-of-care or a research-related cost in order to correctly classify expenses.
- Negotiates trial budgets with industry sponsors.
- Works closely with investigators to obtain accurate budget details.
- Works with the CSMC office of Sponsored Research to develop final budgets for clinical trials and research projects. Reviews and approves internal and/or satellite site budgets.
- Oversees invoicing of sponsors, patient research billing, reimbursement to ancillary departments, and payment tracking. Processes payments for satellite sites.
- Provides training, education, onboarding and mentorship of other personnel and supervises other budget coordinators.
- Participates in centralized activities of the department or institution.
- Uses business analytics to identify quality and performance improvement opportunities and works with management to lead the development of new (or improvement of existing) processes, policies or standard operating procedures.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Analyzes financial data and extracts and defines relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial probability.
- Uses astute financial analysis techniques to provide practical proposals to influence business results.
- Assists with business software launches, implementation or optimization.
- Participates in external research community networks.
- Serves as point of contact for fiscal related questions and engages management as appropriate.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- May conduct quality review and/or audits of clinical trial budget.
- May prepare and deliver data, reports and/or presentations to investigators, management and/or leadership.
- May lead or facilitate team meetings.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
*Remote Work available to California Residents with prior approval. Inquire for more information.
- High School Diploma, GED, Required
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or other related degree, strongly preferred
ACRP/SoCRA (or equivalent) certification preferred.
- Seven (7) years minimum of experience with billing, accounting, finance analysis or related field.
- Five (5) years experience with Pre and Post funding in clinical research
- Budgetary & Financial - Ability to apply knowledge of accounting principles to create, monitor or operate to budget(s).
- Communication - Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information to/from various audiences in different formats.
- Communication - Ability to influence and/or negotiate.
- Regulatory - Ability to use discretion and maintain privacy, confidentiality or anonymity Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Regulatory - Ability to interpret and apply knowledge of State, Federal and Agency standards to comply with regulations. Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board.
- Technical - Ability to use software applications and operate technological devices (e.g., computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.). Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Time Management - Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
- Time Management - Ability to handle multiple demands and/or manage complex and competing priorities.
- Working Title: Clinical Research Finance Analyst III - Pre Award (Remote Work for California Residents)
- Department: SOCCI Clinical Research Office
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map