The Clinical Supervisor, Operations supports the physician and clinical staff in the delivery of health care by performing operational oversight responsibilities, human resource responsibilities, as well as patient care assessments, and a variety of medically related tasks. The Supervisor works in an administrative role in an ambulatory care setting and performs both administrative duties and clinical services as needed or requested.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversight of Clinical Functions:
- Coordinates all administrative (back office) clinical functions of the medical practice(s).
- Assists in the development, review, and revision of standard operating policies and procedures in collaboration with senior management.
- Maintains vital staff certifications and licensing requirements.
- Performs administrative functions as needed, which can include answering and triaging telephone calls for patient care matters, functioning as a liaison between physicians, patients and staff, chart preparation for clinical care, and assisting with and functioning as a liaison to front office functions.
- Coordinates or serves as liaison, for administrative support activities including facilities management, pharmacy, utilization management, quality management, risk management, human resources, and payroll.
- Controls wage and non-wage expenses, including pharmacy and medical supplies, in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
- Works in a collaborative role with the management team, staff and physicians in the clinical practices, as well as related departments throughout the organization.
- Function as key point person in research, setup and implementation of new procedures, workflows, equipment, as needed or requested
Patient Care (as requested or needed):
- Fulfill back office staff functions as needed.
- Greet patients and provide an initial clinical evaluation.
- Manages patient care flow and takes a leadership role within the suite.
- Prepare patients for provider, with chart and room prep.
- Take appropriate vital signs and record in medical record.
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on patient visit needs.
- Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
- Perform designated diagnostic tests as advised by provider.
- Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as advised by provider.
- Administer immunization, injections, oral or IV medications as advised by provider.
- Use PRN/Smart Talk systems to convey lab results to patients as defined by provider.
- Assist in follow-up scheduling needs.
- Answer patient calls in timely manner.
- Prepare charts as needed, including filing into appropriate sections of medical record and ensures that all pertinent items are available to provider before patient care commences.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and assist two or more providers with clinical care.
- Handles all designated clinical care telephone interactions with provider input.
- Communicates all significant clinical findings to MD.
- Serves as an advocate for patient and utilizes appropriate resources.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES. The Clinical Supervisor, Operations carries out supervisory responsibilities in relation to practice staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Responsibilities may include:
- Interviewing, hiring, and training new employees.
- Planning, assigning, directing work and determining work hours.
- Appraising performance and assist in staff development.
- Partnering with management in the recognition of staff achievements and communication of areas of concern.
- Partnering with management in addressing patient, physician, and staff concerns and resolving problems accordingly.
- Ensuring a safe environment for staff and patients, participate in organization’s safety committee and implement recommendations as required.
- Understanding and enforcing the organization’s patient care standards and requirements, including areas such as safety and quality assurance as is appropriate.
- Manage the physician and nurse’s schedules to provide quality care and services, recommending schedule improvements as needed.
- Assist management with the monitoring of performance measures and designing methods for improving the quality of care and service.
High school diploma or GED required.
LVN licensure, Medical Assistant Certificate/Diploma or Opthalmic Tech highly preferred
Basic Life Support certification preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in outpatient medical setting preferred.
- Proficient computer skills preferred.
- Proven/provide customer service and patient care skills.
- Basic understanding of patient care flow and insurance concepts.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays.
- Basic ability to prepare patient for office visit/procedures.
- Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately document and record significant data.
- Ability to determine current medications that patient is using and record accurately.
- Ability to correctly prepare lab work/specimens for pick up.
- Ability to perform basic testing and specimen collection.
- Basic understanding of pharmacology and medication administration.
- Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization of autoclaving procedures.
- Basic ability to perform and record QC testing on designated equipment.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Intermediate understanding of patient flow and insurance concepts.
- Ability to schedule "nurse visits”/Tech Visits for phlebotomy, testing or other procedures.
- Ability to handle provider correspondence and communications as related to clinical care.
- Understanding of medical supply ordering and cost containment.
- Proven leadership abilities preferred.
- Supervisory skills with previous medical office management and/or supervisory experience sufficient to address staffing and human resources for multiple suites and/or office locations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in the areas of patient and physician relations.
- Proven track record with customer service, training, and ability to motivate others to effect positive change.
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft office, IDX, or other computerized practice management systems preferred.
- Working Title: Clinical Operations Supervisor - Vision Center
- Department: Vision Center
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: Clinical Operations
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply NowApply Later