- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Clinical Nurse, Procedural PDMRequisition # 18000807 Apply Now
This posting is for a Registered Nurse who will be able to work in pre-op, PACU, and the procedure room.
1. Evaluates and completes an assessment of patient needs to provide supportive care before, during and after procedures.
2. Maintains accurate and complete medical records.
3. Clearly and accurately communicates pertinent information to co-workers, physicians and charge nurse.
4. Provides a safe environment for the patient to prevent injury.
5. Investigates and intervenes in problem situations, reporting information to supervisor as appropriate and providing complete and accurate documentation.
6. Follows Standard Precautions and uses personal protective equipment as appropriate and required.
7. Maintains equipment and supplies, including:
• Cleaning and disinfecting of endoscopy equipment.
• Operation and troubleshooting of patient monitoring equipment.
• Assists in maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies and medications.
8. Accountable for administering oral and IV medications and pharmaceuticals in a safe and accurate manner.
9. Ensures that informed consents are understood and signed prior to the administration of sedation.
10. Provides guidance and mentoring to orienting staff members.
11. Seeks educational opportunities and accepts responsibility for personal professional growth and development.
12. Actively participates in in-service opportunities and staff meetings.
13. Willingly accepts direction from the Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse and physicians and adheres to established protocols.
14. Monitors patients receiving Conscious Sedation/Analgesia.
15. Responsible for maintaining the sterility and cleanliness of the procedure room and for setting up and testing the functionality of endoscopy equipment prior to the start of the procedure.
16. Maintains patients’ rights to privacy by not discussing privileged information outside the work area or within hearing range of visitors/family and patients.
17. Demonstrates flexibility in performing other duties as directed and required.
18. Functions within the legal limits of nursing practice.
19. Refers situations beyond capability or job responsibilities to a nursing supervisor.
20. Reports errors of commission/omission and communicates errors to the nursing supervisor, gastroenterologist and/or anesthesiologist.
21. Participates in the Center’s QAPI program.
22. Assists with completing the procedure log, specimen log, infection tracking log, and others.
23. Once trained to work in pre-and post-operative area may be assigned to cover lunches, breaks or full shifts as needed.
24. Perform other duties as requested, which may include, but are not limited to, such activities as:
a. participating in medical records audits
b. starting IVs
c. stocking supply and medication inventory
d. making post-discharge follow up calls
e. ordering supplies
f. reprocessing endoscopes
g. collecting data for infection control and QAPI activities at the center
h. transporting patients to vehicles at discharge
i. providing discharge instructions to patients and caregivers
j. participating in the revision of center policy and procedures
k. updating physician preference cards.
25. Initiates emergency measures as indicated.
26. Administers medications in accordance with physicians’ orders.
27. Consults with charge nurse, physician and anesthesiologist when appropriate.
28. Acts as patient advocate at all times.
29. Ensures medical records are complete prior to commencement of procedure and prior to patient transfer to recovery.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
License/Certification/ Registration Requirements:
Current CA state license to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Basic Life Support certification required. Advance Cardiac Life Support certification required.
- Experience in gastroenterology practice or endoscopy center or unit preferred.
- 2-5 years of nursing experience
The minimum requirements of this position require the individual to:
■ Stand for 6 to 8 hour(s) per day
■ Sit for 1 hour(s) per day
■ Walk for 1 to 2 hour(s) per day
■ Perform repetitive tasks/motions
■ Distinguish colors
■ Hear alarms/telephone/normal speaking voice
■ Have good manual dexterity
■ Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
■ Have clarity of vision
■ Have good writing ability
- Working Title: Clinical Nurse, Procedural PDM
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map