- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Clinical Nurse, Procedural PD - EndoscopyRequisition # 19001976 Apply Now
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
1. Assesses, evaluates and accurately records patient's pre-procedure and post-anesthesia status and provides supportive care during the post-procedure phase. Maintains accurate and complete nursing records.
2. Investigates and intervenes when problems or complications arise, and communicates appropriate information to co-workers and charge nurse and documents same.
3. Initiates emergency measures as indicated.
4. Communicates pertinent information to co-workers, physicians, and charge nurse.
5. Administers medications in accordance with physicians’ orders.
6. Accountable for administration of drugs, IV procedures and other therapeutic measures in a safe and accurate manner.
7. Provides a safe environment for the patient to prevent potential injury
8. Anticipates and assists with maintaining adequate inventory of supplies and medications.
9. Responsible for implementing recovery room and discharge orders, providing post-discharge teaching, reviewing home care instructions, and documentation patient's and caregiver’s understanding.
10. Provides guidance and mentoring to orienting staff members.
11. Consults with charge nurse, physician and anesthesiologist when appropriate.
12. Assists in maintaining an up-to-date, functional emergency cart.
13. Seeks educational opportunities and accepts responsibility for personal professional growth and development.
14. Actively participates in in-service opportunities and staff meetings.
15. Willingly accepts direction from the Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse and physicians and adheres to established protocols.
16. Maintains patients’ rights to privacy by not discussing privileged information outside the work area or within hearing range of visitors/family and patients.
17. Demonstrates flexibility in performing other duties as directed and required.
18. Functions within the legal limits of nursing practice.
19. Refers situations beyond capability or job responsibilities to a nursing supervisor.
20. Reports errors of commission/omission and communicates errors to the nursing supervisor, gastroenterologist and/or anesthesiologist.
21. Participates in the Center’s QAPI program.
22. Assists with completing the procedure log, specimen log, infection tracking log, and others.
23. Demonstrates a willing ness to cross-train to work in the procedure room and accepts assignments as requested.
24. Perform other duties as requested, which may include such activities as:
a. participating in medical records audits
b. stocking supply and medication inventory
c. ordering supplies
d. collecting data for infection control and QAPI activities at the center
e. Transporting patients to vehicles at discharge
f. Participating in the revision of center policy and procedures
g. Participating in other committees such as the Safety Committee and other ad hoc committees.
25. Acts as patient advocate at all times.
26. Ensures medical records are complete prior to commencement of procedure and prior to patient discharge.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
- Current CA state license to practice as a Registered Nurse required
- Experience in Gastroenterology practice or Endoscopy center or unit preferred
- Basic Life Support certification from American Heart Association required
- Advance Cardiac Life Support certification from American Heart Association required
- 2-5 years of nursing experience
- Working Title: Clinical Nurse, Procedural PD - Endoscopy
- Department: CS Endoscopy
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map