- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Administrative Supervisor - Urgent CareRequisition # 19000317 Apply Now
The Administrative Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the administrative operations of the Cedars-Sinai Medical Group offices by performing the following duties personally or through assigned personnel. This position is differentiated from the Operations Supervisor position by the amount of time required to perform supervisory tasks which typically do not exceed 50% of total time and effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinates all administrative (front office) operations of the medical practice(s).
• Assists in the development, review, and revision of standard operating policies and procedures in collaboration with senior management.
• Oversees, and as necessary, performs administrative functions to include answering and triaging telephone calls, chart preparation, check-in, filing, appointment scheduling, referral processing, and check-out.
• Coordinates, or serves as liaison, for administrative support activities including facilities management, patient billing, utilization management, quality management, risk management, human resources, and payroll.
• Works in a collaborative role with other operations supervisors, managers and related offices or departments.
The Administrative Supervisor directly supervises administrative support personnel, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include:
• Interviewing, participating in the selection process, and training new employees.
• Planning, assigning, directing work and determining work hours.
• Appraising performance and assisting in staff development.
• Rewarding and disciplining employees.
• Addressing patient, physician, and staff concerns and resolving problems accordingly.
• Managing payroll, monitoring employees' accruals and time off, and overtime usage.
• Ensuring a safe environment for staff and patients; participate in organization's safety committee and implement recommendations as required.
• Understanding and enforcing the organization's managed care and fee for service business requirements, including assignments of risk, co-payments, use of appropriate specialty network, and utilization management as is appropriate.
• Managing physician master schedules and organize all schedule changes; instruct staff accordingly, and make recommendations for schedule improvements.
• Assist Senior Management with the monitoring of performance measures and designing methods for improving the quality of care and service delivered in our physician practices.
• Training staff in the use of clinical and information systems utilized within the department and serving as a super user and resource for systems issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College level course work in healthcare, business management or related field. Three (3) or more years medical office experience, preferably in a multi-specialty medical group setting. Previous medical office supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills, especially in the areas of patient and physician relations. Proven track record with customer service, training, and ability to motivate others to effect positive change. Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Logician EMR, IDX, or other computerized practice management systems preferred.
- Working Title: Administrative Supervisor - Urgent Care
- Department: Urgent Care
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Beverly Hills, CaliforniaView Map